Chinese Tourists Did It Again – This Time At Black House Museum

Flashermac

Chiang Rai: The manager of the Black House Museum in Chiang Rai cried foul on Tuesday after a group of Chinese tourists damaged the top part of a 30-year-old wooden pole of stairs in front of a Thai-style teak house.

The museum displays the artworks of late artist Thawan Duchanee and it is a popular tourist destination in Chiang Rai, like the Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Mai. Earlier, Wat Rong Khun banned Chinese tourists for half a day after they refused to flush toilets.

Noppadol Khuenphet, the museum manager, said the incident happened on February 3 when seven or eight Chinese tourists were visiting the museum.

The tourists posted for photos in front of the house, which was made of teak. The house was special because the four wooden poles at the bottom and top of the stairs were designed by Thawan some 30 years ago.

Noppadol said a Chinese tourist jumped into the air for photo posting and one of his feet accidentally kicked at the top of one of the poles, breaking it off. The tourists then walked away as if nothing happened.

Learning of the accident, Noppadol had the broken pole removed and had it replaced by an imitation one on the following day.

The manager said he would like the media to help warn the Chinese tourists to behave while visiting the museum. He said many of them often stole small pieces of sculpture as souvenirs. Several also refused to flush toilets.

The manager said about 4,000 Chinese tourists visited the museum each day and they had become a headache to the museum staff.

http://www.thaivisa....se-museum/6685/

I'm not sure what a "pole of stairs" is, but I'd guess it's a bannister.

An Aussie friend of mine who runs a business in China told me that China is forecasting that it (alone) will soon be sending 25 miilion tourists per year to Thailand - aided by Thailand's new "no visa required" rule for Chinese visitors. That is basically 2% of the Chinse population.

He also describes Chinese as "locusts" who destroy everything they touch, once they are present in large numbers.

If 25 million Chinese per year visit Thailand for a week each, that requires 480,000 beds PER NIGHT. Even if you put five people in each room, that amounts to 480 hotels - each with 200 rooms. Crazy numbers.

I suspect that Thailand will soon be revisiting their "no visas required" rules, after a "locust plague" decimates a few more tourist areas.

Cheers!

SS

MLG has been sent on several 'Courses' from the Glorious People's Republic, to China, Beijing and Kunming.

She never wants to go back, why? Toilets. Or more specifically, the horrifying state of filth, they exist in.

If you've ever seen the state of the average Lao domestic or restaurant toilet, you'll know that this is indeed, saying something.

The Thai government sent my Mrs to the glorious PRC to study the Chinese language about 5 times. (With typical Thai logic, they only sent her for periods of weeks or a month or two, not long enough to learn any more than the basics.) The first two times, she went to Kunming University and loved it. After that, she got sent to Guangzhou and told me she never wants to go back to China again.

p.s. She would take instant Thai noodles and rice with her, saying the food she was provided in China was awful.

There are two Chinese college students who live above me. One day I got a look at their place and we shocked on how filthy it was. The landlords now require them to have a maid clean it once a month at their expense. I think it is mostly the young, immature, spoiled men and boys who lack basic hygiene and manners. Most of the Chinese women and some of the Chinese men are very clean and well mannered.

I also got the impression from the Chinese women that I dated that they did not have a lot of respect for their Chinese male counterparts given their horrible manners and hygiene.

I also with a lot of Chinese people and feel they become more accustomed to better hygiene and manners when they are in a more hygienic and well mannered atmosphere.

I have found that most of the Chinese are very lazy!

For decades their government took care of them; free housing, cheap food, etc. They got lazy, IMO.

The office I worked at in China, if a worker did one hour of work a day, that was good; they would sit at their

desks and sleep and read magazines all day. Now with the smart phones and the likes of facebook, they

are fully distracted and just play all day.

When they go to another country, they carry their rude manners and lack of "common culture" with them.

I know quite a few well educated Chinese but they are all from Taiwan . The average Chinese citizen lives in a world of greed, aggression and the unability to show affection except to family members and lucrative business partners . There are exceptions . Official BuBi statement after about a million visits .