Chinese Tourists Did It Again – This Time At Black House Museum

Flashermac

Errrrrr...the three years that I lived/worked in Taiwan, they had several mayors killed, the news always had scenes

of fist fights in their government house, candidates running for office were often beaten and killed!

I had a motor scooter to get me to work and I drove in to a huge fist fight type demonstration...these sweet, small

Chinese ladies were wacking each other with 2 X 4's!!!

It is the wild wild west over there!!!

Taiwan may as well be a separate country, if you compare it with "the mainland". It is far ahead of the PRC in many ways - including democracy.

Sir ,

the Taiwanese like many other Asians , Thais f.e. , have difficulties to settle heavy disputes in a civilised manner .

A large share of the Taiwanese have mainland roots , Kuomintang , and I repeat that they are much more developed in human bahaviour than the mainlanders . Which shows again that education is everything . It might happen to the mainland although it would take time . I do not see a bright future for China anyway , they are currently at the peak of favorable conditions .

Errrrrr...the three years that I lived/worked in Taiwan, they had several mayors killed, the news always had scenes

of fist fights in their government house, candidates running for office were often beaten and killed!

I had a motor scooter to get me to work and I drove in to a huge fist fight type demonstration...these sweet, small

Chinese ladies were wacking each other with 2 X 4's!!!

It is the wild wild west over there!!!

As opposed to China's leader doing a purge with imprisonment and executions.

I was just in Bali for a working vacation and instead of Russians this year the hotel

I stayed in was FULL OF MAINLAND CHINESE TOURIST,

:shakeheadLOUD AND IN GENERAL RUDE PEOPLE.

Just annoying...I was there in China in the late 80's and it is still the same.

I am never going back-

Last night here in BKK I had to change tables at my favorite restaurant because of the

LOUD CHINESE TOURISTS.

Hard to believe but makes they make us Yanks and Aussies look good... :dunno::wink:

Doesn't seem to matter, at least for some Thais...

Thailand Hoping for More Chinese Visitors

http://learningengli...rs/2650858.html

468FDAF2-607C-4718-AF33-006839A10A78_w640_r1_s.jpg

For years, Thailand has been a popular country for tourism. Many foreigners went to Thailand to enjoy its culture, natural beauty and warm weather. But reports about martial law and attacks on foreigners have harmed its image as an inviting tourist destination.

This year, the Thai travel industry is seeking to appeal to more upscale visitors and tour groups from China’s mainland. The aim is to increase spending at hotels, restaurants and other businesses across the country.

About one in 10 Thais holds a job related to tourism. The tourism industry suffered last year because of political tensions. Protests in the capital, Bangkok, ended with Thailand’s armed forces taking control of the government.

Some foreigners are concerned about going to Thailand. The military continues to rule the country. Foreign media have published reports about tourists being victims of serious crimes on resort islands. Some Thai police were said to have demanded money from foreigners in Bangkok. And, reports say taxi drivers made foreigners pay too much for rides around the city...