Norway Muslims Form Shield Around Jewish Synagogue

JaiRai

I worked with some very nice Muslim colleagues, a couple of Thais and one Bangladeshi. They would shake their head in embarrassment at some of the atrocities commited by the fanatics, but I never heard them say anything more than "that's not really Islam". They wouldn't openly comdemn them. Afraid to, maybe?

Organizer of Muslim Synagogue “Peace Ring†Gave “Why I Hate Jews†Speech

A lot of media outlets have fallen for the story of Muslims organizing to protect a synagogue. It’s a great media op scene, but it ignores the fact that synagogues need protection because of Muslim anti-Semitism.

There are a number of myths already circulating about it. Here’s how a local described the event.

Well, I was there, and it wasn’t 1000 muslims. It was 1300 people in total of which almost everyone looked like ethnic Norwegians. The people holding hands are media staged – they had barriers in front with an entry checkpoint with 10 guards or so, and allowed a small number of muslims inside together with the Jewish congregation.

So innermost the synagogue with 50 or so Jews, then this semicircle of 20 or so muslims, then the barriers and guards and police, then a mostly Norwegian crowd.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/organizer-of-muslim-peace-ring-around-synagogue-gave-why-i-hate-jews-speech/

Hmmmm, No doubt that media portray most 'feel good' events without an in depth critical analysis of everyone involved. I'm sure the protective ring event probably was exaggerated to make a point. But it also strikes me that the author of this piece has his own agenda also (looking at his body of work and that website -- militant right wing and pro Israel - eg, "Obama loves Islam," "Abolish the UN").

I'm leery of people who want to stoke a religious war -- it's pointless. (note: I'm not for politically correct assholes who refuse to criticize Isam either). It just strikes me that "war with Islam" gives extremists exactly what they want. If, hypothetically, you get a majority of people to believe they are at war with the whole religion and this enormous chunk of the world -- well guess what -- the Bin Ladens win... that is exactly what they are trying to achieve. Game fucking over.

The Moslems (or muslims - i spell it both ways, not sure which is correct) I work with at my hospital -- and I don't share what I perceive as their suffocating controls on sex, art, drinking, etc. -- are, past our differences, pretty thoughtful and warm people who are fucking horrified by the rise of violent extremists, and even ashamed. Some are my friends. Gotta figure out a way to combat Islamic violent extremists without getting stupid and going after an entire religion. Like say, the whole country of Indonesia. Absurd.

note: tangential to this topic, Israel has aligned itself more and more with the right wing in the US, especially evangelical christians. While politically expedient in the short term - this is bad move in the long run. And in the big picture I personally support Israel -- certainly their right to exist and thrive - but not how they've managed their relationship with Palestine and the West Bank -- and not their more shady foreign policy moves.

I've seen on four different sources now that Israeli govt agencies contradict Netanyahu on Iranian nukes.

"...between Mossad, Israel's spy agency, and South Africa conceded that Iran was "Not performing the activity necessary to produce weapons.†There it is, in plain English, Netanyahu contradicted by his own intelligence services"

http://rt.com/op-edge/235511-netanyahu-warmonger-iran-leakes-nuclear/

I've thought for years that the real threat to Israel would come from drone technology which is getting cheaper and cheaper.

Yeah, a politically expedient short term move with disastrous consequences longer term. Especially for the Palestinians.