New American Smokehouse Barbecue Restaurant

StoneSoup

Greetings, Gents -

I'm putting in a plug here for a newly-opened restaurant run by a couple of friends of mine - an American married couple.

The place is called Tthe Smoking Pug - it serves (very excellent) American-style smokehouse barbecue - and I talked them into putting some craft beers onto the menu as well.

Location is Surawong Road - at 13.729263, 100.529240.

I'll be there on Saturday night, the 28th of February, from about 7:00 pm until maybe 10:00 pm.

They are still in "soft open" mode, to let their Thai staff get their sea legs, and gel together as a team. But - they need some (hungry) warm bodies in seats to make it work.

I'll hope to see a couple of you there.

Cheers,

SS

I trust it is called - The Smoking Pug? Found a quick plug ....

... moved on to Bangkok and open the Smokin' Pug BBQ & Blues Bar. It is located near the Meridien Hotel. American style pulled pork sandwiches, burgers, beers and cocktails will no doubt entertain the expat community and the locals in Bangkok. Looking back at Dana and Dany track record in Asia, the Smoking Pub will no doubt impact the Bangkok Restaurant scene.

Location is Surawong Road - at 13.729263, 100.529240.

Mr stonesoup ,

in case you could clarify what you mean by 13.729263, 100.529240 I might honour the place with my presence on this very Saturday .

Unless I have to deal with urgent Northeastern farming issues , but usually not at 07:00 PM .

Mr stonesoup ,

in case you could clarify what you mean by 13.729263, 100.529240 I might honour the place with my presence on this very Saturday .

Unless I have to deal with urgent Northeastern farming issues , but usually not at 07:00 PM .

Buffi,

I thought a man of your obvious experience would recognize GPS coordinates when shown them.

Alas ! Here we go again , a smartphone related childish feature making people run under the nearest railway locomotive staring at a completely useless object they have just purchased for 30.000 Baht after lining up in the rain in front of an Apple store at 03:00 in the morning .

Khun Mekong , any attempt to bring me into connection with things like smartphones will immediately create big trouble for yourself originating from the joint law offices at South Sathorn .

Again , where is this place . Please try something like : 200 meters left from Patpong Surawong exit or so .

All you do is type "Maps" into Google search. Then select Google Maps (the first search result). Then enter 13.729263, 100.529240 into the search window, and click on the magnifying glass search icon.

After a few seconds, it gives you a map with the location plotted.

Instructions: From Saladaeng BTS Station, walk down Silom to Patpong Soi 1 (THE original Soi Patpong). Turn right onto Soi Patpong, and walk all the way to Surawong Road. Turn left on Surawong, and walk about 250-300 meters - and you will be able to see a white neon sign on opposite side of street that says "Smoking Pug". There is a zebra street crossing site about 50 meters from the restaurant - in the direction toward Patpong.

Cheers!

SS

Mr stonesoup ,

during my last somewhat eratically structured visit to the big city I stumbled by pure coincidence into a small soapy at the end of an alley which following your excellent description should be very close to the Smoking Pug . Sounds now like an ideal round trip in particular as the relevant lady promised to wait for me til the end of her earthly existence . Because BuBi so hansum .

Following my instructions will result in you passing by many "dens of iniquity" along the way. After the sun goes down, the Smoking Pug itself has nothing open in close proximity on its side of the street - which makes the bluish-white neon sign stand out quite clearly from a distance - althogh it is flat against the wall, so you can't read what it says until you are pretty much in front of it

Cheers!

SS