Us$2 Note

Mekong

post-98-0-53492000-1425199604_thumb.jpg

I had to google to see if they were still being made. (They are.) They've never been common, but they've been around for ages. For some reason, the US military got a lot of them when we used to be paid in cash. I had a friend who tried to use a couple of them in paying for his lunch at a restaurant. The waiter took one look at them and told someone to call the police. The manager found out, told the waiter he was an idiot, and cancelled the police call. I haven't seen one in many years.

You see them so seldom that people tend to hang onto them. I've got a few squirreled away somewhere at home, including one given to me when my dad got it in his change in the 1970s. It was issued in 1928. :)

Wonder where your boss got it, since we didn't use US$ in RVN. We used MPCs (military payment certificates), which were only good on military installations.

http://en.wikipedia....two-dollar_bill

Flash, exactly

He had a red envelope stuffed with crispy $2 Bills, it is not the fiscal remuneration but the fact it was $2 notes, I have never seen one and up until know was unaware that it existed.

A $2 Note is supposed to bring luck in Vietnamese culture, it is at back of my wallet with my 10 Baht Note, not that i ever get luck,

It was considered bad luck in the USA. The tills had no place for $2 bills so shops hated them. They haven't been printed in years. Less popular than $1 coins! :neener:

2012_NA_$1_Obverse_unc_Copyright.JPG

Huh?? If by the word years, you mean 5 months, then you are absolutely correct!

"In February 2012, the B.E.P. printed 512,000 Series 2009 $2 Star Notes, in anticipation of more regular runs being printed later in 2012. Series 2009 $2 bills were issued to banks during the summer of 2012.[25][26]

In November 2013, the B.E.P. began printing a Series 2013 $2 bill for the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta; these notes entered circulation in early 2014. A total of 44,800,000 notes were ordered for fiscal year 2014, which runs from October 2013 through September 2014.[27]"

http://en.wikipedia....two-dollar_bill