What A Heartless Cnut

bust

I personally am against these specific executions...these are bad guys but death??

Not so sure about that...

What really bothers more me is the hypocrisy regarding the Bali bomber walking free and the

Fact that the Bali police control the drug trade and decide who to prosecute as examples.

The Balinese can be a very violent people...it's not unusual for a mob of Balos to beat apetty thief to death

I am yet to meet a person who has had drugs force fed to them.

Lorraine and Aaron Cohen, Mum and Son heroin addicts and traffickers, originally from NZ, lots of time in OZ, imprisoned in Malaysia, son was an addict in the womb. Met 'em. even after they were released from prison and 'clean' they still stole and had habits.

So what he was force fed heroin from a neborn to adulthood? I don't think so.

Look up Paul Hudson and Nola Blake. Nola gave birth not longbefore being caught at Don Muang with almost 5 KGS.

Her kid Todd grew up fine with her ex husband (another user) Greg Blake.

There are no absolutes.

I think Coss means the mother was and addict while pregnant, in those cases the kids are born addicted to the drug, it's pretty bad.

Agree Bust on the foot soldiers getting caught, there has to be a large number of millionaires, billionaires in the drug business, but where are they? Never seem to get caught.

My frank thought is a number of successful people have rather nasty side businesses

Kill him too.

I share this approach. Instead of telling me that heroin mules should get off because some terrorist got off, let's complain about the state not executing the terrorist.

Execution may or may not be a good deterrent against specified crimes. But - for certain - it is an excellent way to achieve 0% recidivism.

SS

Yes

"son was an addict in the womb" to me implies that he was force fed heroin as a foetus and was addicted from birth.

Coss I understood that but that fact alone will not determine his future the same as it didn't determin Todd's. I don't have any stats but my guess is a large proprtion of addicted newborns go on to lead healthy "normal" lifes. I also guess many are not raised by their addicted parents so maybe it comes down to nature versus nurture.

I would personally have executed the SOB who did this, but the decision is important for something else:

"Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), was a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States that held the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause did not permit a state to punish the crime of rape of a child with the death penalty; more broadly, the power of the state to impose the death penalty against an individual for committing a crime that did not result in the death of the victim is now limited to crimes against the state (e.g. espionage, treason).