Iphone 6 Repairs In Bangkok

dean

I bought my airline ticket and will be arriving at BKK on May 21 (actually, May 20 at 11:15PM). I leave at 6:00PM on Air Asia for Chiang Mai, for 3 weeks of working on my house (actually, having other people work on it, mainly tearing down a perimeter wall that is leaning and correctly re-building it). The day I have in Bangkok, I may go to Rutnin Eye Hospital to have my eyes examined and will go to MBK, to have my IPad screen replaced (7 year old son dropped it). A friend in Chiang Mai, who will probably oversee the latter stages of the wall and a few other projects at the house, has asked me to buy her an IPhone 6 (I knew that I should not have given her an IPad two years ago). Looking on EBAY, I see lots of phones in the $450-700 range (I won't be buying those). There are many with cracked screens, in the $80-200 range. I assume that if Apple charges $109 to replace the screen, I can find a shop at MBK to do it for less. I also have seen on EBAY many IPhone 6's for sell that are locked. Has anyone found a shop in Bangkok that can unlock them? Any suggestions of shops, both at MBK and elsewhere, would be appreciated.

If you have an locked IPhone 6 and are looking to have it unlocked, you can go to eBay to a number of services, some are as

low as $1.99, to unlocked your phone. You have to identify the carrier (Verizon, ATT) and provide the IMEI number first.

I had my phone (not an IPhone) unlocked using eBay and in Bangkok bought a local SIM card for my phone.