German Quality Tourist Gives Everything But Creates Boredom

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

may I take the liberty to use this thread to get the esteemed community involved in another aspect of south East asian culture . Most lovely Pam from Lao due to a holiday on Monday took the overnight bus to Nong Kai and further transfer to Vientiane to oversee the demolition of the old family home in favour of immediate construction of future Bubi Towers . A monk has been called in for the fine tuning only to hear the monk say that 3 months inactivity would be essential to satisfy the ghosts previously living in the old building .

Pam rang me in tears on this very sunday to ask for further proceedings and I suggested to offer the monk 50 USD extra or a truckload of rice and make him reconsider the general layout . But she said no can . Finally the construction started later on Sunday declaring the new building as preliminary til further notice .

I shall keep you posted .

I think offerings to the ghosts and any living relatives should help ease things along without further risk.

Several litres of the strongest alcoholic beverage, a few feast nights and a herd of buffalo should do it. This will have secondary benefits and you will be further elevated in status.

I thought I was very clever, I made sure our spirit house was right next to a massive tree I wanted to never be cut down, rain forest massive, this tree.

Since I have been back in NZ, the local monks have advised and overseen the move of the spirit house. And the tree has been cut down.

Curiously, there's a scheme whereby it costs me nothing to dispose of it, the local prison comes around and cuts it down, removes it and cleans up. They make charcoal and sell it and it helps the prison, with food and costs .

There's a lot right with the Lao form of government.