German Quality Tourist Gives Everything But Creates Boredom

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen,

just about ready to hit the "Book" - button on the airline-website it crossed my mind that on my scheduled arrival 23rd of April they Thai folks still might be buzy throwing water at innocent tourists. Although the real Songkhran seems to be over by then I think I better make sure. BuBi no like.

Thank you very much gentlemen, what used to be a decent throwing of some drops of water has degenerated into a raw spectacle.

Doing the finetuning of my trip these days I cam across a so called Morchana - app. (sp?). In theory they now want you to take a photo of the plastic-box showing a negative covid-test after 5 days and load it up on this app. To economize the process I might feel tempted to copy a test from the internet somewhere and duely upload it. I am almost sure a load of sellers along lower Sukh offer this service on spot. Holy Lord.

Gentlemen,

these are demanding times to the extreme. First the lovely Pam made me hit the road in exchange for somebody else, obviously missing the fact that tourist BuBi reresents the best that a male subject is able to offer. Worldwide.

Second, my whole infrastructure after 2,5 years of absence looks like a pile of debris. Some restaurants are gone, massage shops including some ladies I felt very close with did simply vanish. My favorite taxi driver does not pick up the phone any more. Line is dead. As is mine by the way, expired.

It looks as if I had to start all over again. But maybe there is unexpected glory arising from the ashes, the important factor is not to give up. Honeybee massage Soi 22 is still alive, signs of hope are definitely there.

I keep you posted.

Yes, please do keep us posted.

I am sure that each of the nooks and crannies, I used to visit, are long gone, replaced by a bored looking damsel, hunched over a phone.

However the thought, that if I could get a gin and tonic, into one, the evening's prospects might brighten, has me thinking of a side trip in the future...

Whilst MLG can read this, she doesn't have the tech literacy to track it down.

This despite having a Bachelor in Computer Engineering from the biggest place in Laos where they hand out degrees with face splitting smiles and huge kudos. On the back of the degree in a subscript of the Lao language it says, if my efforts are half accurate, "Can use Facebook" & "..phone battery charging - best practise".

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen, there we are. Due to the now fully established Brexit and revitalised former glory I did initially plan to embark on armed Eastindiaman"  Stickman of Christchurch " from Southampton calling Zanzibar, Bombay and Madras bound for Rangoon carrying 200 tons of English industrial products in exchange for fine Burma silk, precious spices and ivory. All sailings seem to have postponed indefinitely so I chose a plane.

Currently I am in process of analysing the urban facilities and find some beloved places disappeared in total or have been downgraded into another useless snooker bar.

Now this becomes serious and I am asking for your advice, knowing there should be some learned American gentlemen between us.

Talking about the lovely Pam who is in process of marrying a guy from USA, which is an idea I fully support if you believe it or not. We had some sort of business dealings working over time and she has taken care of this while I could not come here since December 2019. Not one satang has been stolen or otherwise disappeared I would like to add.

Now there seems to be a fiancee visa in the making and the man among other income lives  on an army pension which , and that is the question , according to Pam shall be paid to the widow once the Lord calls Monsieur´s  earthly existance quits. It that the truth, gentlemen, or do conditions apply?

Question No.1, there might come more.

• 2 weeks later...

https://militarypay.defense.gov/Benefits/Survivor-Benefit-Program/Overview/

Military retired pay stops upon death of the retiree!

The Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) allows a retiree to ensure, after death, a continuous lifetime annuity for their dependents. The annuity which is based on a percentage of retired pay is called SBP and is paid to an eligible beneficiary. It pays your eligible survivors an inflation-adjusted monthly income.

A military retiree pays premiums for SBP coverage upon retiring. Premiums are paid from gross retired pay, so they don't count as income. This means less tax and less out-of-pocket costs for SBP. The premiums are partially funded by the government and the costs of operating the program are absorbed by the government, so the average premiums are well below the cost for a conventional insurance policy. For most retirees, SBP is a good choice, but the government contribution is based on assumptions in average cases and may not apply equally to every situation.