German Quality Tourist Gives Everything But Creates Boredom

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen,

the Stickman has been torturing his brain in his latest Weekly  over the phenomenon that many tourists pull their luggage through the sois towards somewhere although there are masses of taxis and tuktuks readily available. I watched the spectacle over the last 3 breakfasts in Soi 11 and today finally decided to inquire at 2 hotel porters what the story is.

By far most of them are Chinese who due to their local habits of being cheated by the drivers do not trust any taxi or related objects. Second they fear to be overcharged and are afraid of getting in trouble with the lads due to nobody speaks English or Chinese.

Having said that, still there are enough falangs around pulling their luggage which needs further investigation. We shall report.

• Like 1

Accuracy and precision, gentlemen, are the characteristics of advanced investigative journalism. Relentlessly pursuing these iron principles today in the early hours no later than 11:45 AM I therefore approached the porter of Salil Hotel Soi 11. The man is wearing a grey tailcoat previously owned  to my opinion by Mike Tyson . Sidenote only.

I explained in detail what I was after : why do falang no take taxi or tuktuk with luggage too big ? The man thought deeply and asked : You go shopping ?  I repeated the procedure but this time supported by physically impersonating a falang with big luggage heading for Nana station . Porter started smiling and proposed : You can leave luggage here.

At this moment I decided to give up and leave the rest to Mr. Stickman once he decides to pay the big city another secretive visit.

PS : Talking about der Stickman I hereby confess that since he officially terminated his Weekly some time ago I checked his site every Sunday and would have accepted any drunken bet that one day he shall surface again. Velly goos.

It ain`t that easy to forget. ( Khrungthep )

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, buffalo_bill said:

It ain`t that easy to forget. ( Khrungthep )

That is true, haven't set a foot in krungthep for almost exactly 10 years but got a bit homesick tonight, funny to see so many old faces still active, this forum has been going on for a good 20 years now.

Can say I miss the dodgy lower Sukh sois much.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, buffalo_bill said:

• 1 month later...

I travel light these days, just a small carry on backpack.  I tell the taxi to stop on the corner of Soi 1.  I then walk across the road and check into the JW Marriott.  It's not about saving a taxi fare, I don't see why I need to go through the Bumrungrad Hospital, turn right onto Soi 4, wait forever at a traffic light, then finally get to my destination 15 minutes later in order to have saved approximately 10m of walking distance. 

I always tip the cab driver generously, because the prices are ludicrously low. 

Also talking to taxi drivers is great practice.  I learnt a hell of a lot of brilliant banter from these guys speaking Isaan.  You can get a huge discount for instance if you ask the elderly Thai lady at reception if she would be available for a date - if she's outraged, which never happens, you just say you would like to have such a lovely lady take you her favourite temple so you can pray for you lost mother.  50% off guaranteed. And often a late night visit from her grand daughter.  

Taxi drivers are your friend, your mentor, your language trainer, your cultural guide. 

Edited by panadolsandwich
Wanted to write more, posted too soon lol!

On 2/25/2019 at 2:35 AM, panadolsandwich said:

You can get a huge discount for instance if you ask the elderly Thai lady at reception if she would be available for a date - if she's outraged, which never happens, you just say you would like to have such a lovely lady take you her favourite temple so you can pray for you lost mother.  50% off guaranteed. And often a late night visit from her grand daughter.  

Even if you do not speak one word Isaan like myself the least I receive from elderly receptionists is a blowjob in the lobby while somebody takes a photo to remember during checkin.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Gentlemen,

in preparation of my forthcoming maybe 90th visit to the Kingdom the following issue needs clarification: as much I like the famous Thai massage I still prefer the Chinese-style meaning hard work for the lady but a pleasure for my backbone. I tried various establisments along Sukh already like Raintree and others but still did not find a reliable source. The irony is that the lovely Pam could well do what I am looking for but so far all related projects failed after max 5 minutes leading into all sorts of 🎉  and Mrs Pam sighing "Tilaaac now tired". You see the problem, any suggestion welcome.