German Quality Tourist Gives Everything But Creates Boredom

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen,

one of my favorite eateries Zaks Soi 11 being demolished made me look for alternatives and finally I have selected Zanzibar Soi 11 as the solution for the foreseeable future. They offer a Philipino live band which normally I hate like the pest in a restaurant but after 4 evenings I sort of started to enjoy them . Friday last week we were assigned a table under a romantic tree and I was about to assure lovely Pam from Lao of my unquestionable eternal love for ever til I noticed three Chinese arseholes occupying the neighbouring position . Smoking like idiots, drunk and noisy. While I was still considering to move I heard one of them sniffing back his snod with full enthusiasm and then spitting the result on the floor . My heart stopped . I turned round and yelled at them that the Zanzibar is not fucking China when a waitress raced over and suggested we move to a table elsewhere which we did .

I have yet to find anybody working in a Thai restaurant, hotel, massage or elsewhere showing even the most marginal sympathy for the citizens of this country . And there are more and more of them spreading their bad behaviour whereever they go. #VERY BAD .

Chinese rules for Antarctica:

No hunting. No leaving behind solid waste. And no touching or feeding the penguins

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/antarctica-china-tourists-dont-touch-penguins-travel-environment-latest-a8203981.html

= because they all want to take penguins and seals back for soup and won ton fillings. And take a dump while they're there.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.khaosoden...tourism-remark/

Gentlemen,

I hope a chorus of outrage will shatter the board within minutes after I had the pleasure to publish this document of pure ignorance . What has Thailand to do with sex ?

" Thai Culture minister Veera Rojpojchanarat is on record to have said that sex tourism used to be prevalent but has since dropped because of the country’s focus on “morality.†"

Exactly . Soon after corruption has recently evaporated nothing but morality everywhere if you for example walk through Soi 22 or try to find a willing woman along Soi 4 . Morality whereever you look .

• 2 weeks later...

Bubi - Western rules don't apply. They simply don't. What you think is amoral, is so much persiflage. I get that's your schtick, but after a little while it gets tiresome.

The above quoted post is unsurprisingly and inevitably, a simple definition of tiresome. Non-badinage, even...

• 7 months later...

Gentlemen,

while I was about boarding a train at Hualampong MRT station yesterday immediately after all incoming travellers had left the car I stepped forward and took a seat. Only to find out that I was the only passenger while a lot of people were waiting outside and did not move even a fraction of an inch. I am used to Siam Square 17:00 boarding rules and started to feel somewhat displaced til all of the sudden the crowd went marching inside.

What was this ? New junta rules saying falangs enjoy priority boarding on public transport to develop tourism? People praying for safe arrival before takeoff?

Hualamphong is a terminus, the train essentially empties there and they have security do a walk through to check for whatever, left luggage, the odd bomb, used condoms, who knows.

It is however somewhere stated, I think there were signs and announcements to please wait until this is complete until boarding. Maybe it's become so much common knowledge that they don't announce it anymore.

Thais would likely think you were being, impolite, an obnoxious farang, deaf, blind, all of the above. Though of course being Thai I doubt they would mention it.

• Like 1

Yep, it's the same way for the BTS at Mor Chit and used to be for the MRT at Bang Sue. (Now the mob packs into the trains at Tao Poon and the rush hours make you think of the Tokyo trains. It's usually standing room only when it arrives at Bang Sue.) When the train empties at the end of the line, security makes a quick check for bombs, lost baggage, cadavers, sleeping drunks, illegal aliens etc. Only then are you allowed to board. It's been that way ever since the BTS and MRT opened. (God help us when the line to Rangsit opens. That will mean it's standing room only from Mor Chit on.)

I hereby seriously apologize for obviously  having violated MRT pre departure coach-inspection rules. I do vaguely remember having seen a female person in a light green uniform running through the train and I am delighted to learn that I seem not to belong to dubious objects that better be thrown out on behalf of public safety. Velly goos.

Can`t remember, your question further shows pure sexism.

More good news: a genius within the MRT Skytrain administration after maybe 10 years evaluating seems to have authorised the moneychangers in the glassboxes to ISSUE TICKETS !!!! instead of just giving back coins.Which saves joining the queue at the machine. A great move.

Just come from massage, velly velly goos.