What Is A Businessman?

Mekong

It has com to my attention or maybe I have been sleeping in life and just noticed the fact that most criminals / alleged criminals are referred to as Businessman.

Not many Expat Engineers, Doctors, Accountants or Lawyers walk around Patong in Phuket Post midnight with a concealed weapon and allegedly mortally wound a Thai National doing his job, the bouncers force is subject to another thread, and claims to be a businessman.

Is "Businessman" a secret code for scumbag, loser, running from the law etc? which business are they in, I have owned and operated companies over the many decades I have been on this planet as a CEO on Paper for MOU memorandum of understanding of engineering companies but have never called myself a "Businessman"

IMHO anyone whom claims to be a businessman is a shady character treading the fine line between legit and illicit, a non committal title, I don't trust anyone whom claims to be a businessman especially in Thailand, I am now into my 25 year in Thailand, never been assaulted and never been arrested on account of attempted murder .... But then again I don't claim to be a businessman

Funny you should say this about the knife, and reference to businessman as Mekong pointed out, I too had the very same thoughts when I first read about it ..... very strange that ....

I think every prostitute who has approached me in a bar everywhere from Suva to Singapore, Hong Kong to Hanoi, Bangkok to Bombay has claimed to be a "businesswoman". I generally conclude it means they want as much cash as they can get for as little effort as they can get away with.

" I think every prostitute who has approached me in a bar everywhere from Suva to Singapore, Hong Kong to Hanoi, Bangkok to Bombay has claimed to be a "businesswoman".

Definition:

A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.

As prostitution is a financial business transaction, this may well be an apt description, as there is always the risk of not being paid for her services.