Western Union

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

awfully sorry to disturb this peaceful Friday by creating meaningless threads but more than lovely Pam is in tears as the Western Union Company seems to refuse paying 6600 Thai Baht for new tooth No. 2 . She has the transaction number and to my best knowledge that is all you need to cash . WTF could be wrong ?

All she needs as Mekong points out, is ID and Western Union number of transaction, if you requested an answer to an optional question that too ..... If she has this no problem what so ever, unless of course the name on ID does not match, the full name Thai name or spelling you have given ...

Sending Western Union, you good man - and supporting the Thai dental industry, too! Double good.

I remember there used to be another little outfit that would allow you to send money online to Bangkok - some name like "Send Money to Thailand Girlfriend" or something. I actually used it a couple times, worked smoothly, cost was less than Western Union - but I'm afraid banking regulations caught up with them and the business ended...

My sister in law gets money sent by me all the time. Senders name /MTCN/ senders name and the amount she would be getting, plus her goverment issued Id. Never had problems. Though they have held it up a couple times until they call me to make sure I knew who I was sending it to and not supporting some radical group

@ gentlemen jitagawn and passingthru ,

your advice seems to come close to the truth . it is not easy to discuss this affair withe Mrs Pam because she declares Western Union in general as hopelessly tingtong . May I just confirm that presenting herself at the WU booth she shows MTCN , tells the clerk the amount she expects and name of sender . All this is verbal only or does she need a paper to show aforementioned details ?

Thank you for your advice , in your honour we shall call one tooth " Tooth passingthru" and the other one " Tooth jitagawn " . May all involved have a long life .