Western Union

buffalo_bill

Does Western Union need to verify the "Miss" or "Mr." status on the ID card when confirming the name? I could see that as one area of potential conflict in some cases... Of course, a lesser woman than this Ms. Pam might try the oft-effective cash-extractive operational strategy of "WU not give! Tingtong too mutt -- send again you bank me okay mai?"

YimSiam

" You don't even have to request it and it started showing up - very unexpectedly I can say. "

Yes ... If the sender enters a mobile number on the form, a confirmation sms will be sent automatcally once the receiver has picked up the money. A relatively new feature as you correctly point out ......

Gentlemen ,

during the late hours of this Saturday afternoon I could transmit specified data covering all names involved plus amount sent to more than lovely Pam who in exchange wishes to express her gratitude to this excellent forum ; I have taken the liberty to mention the joint efforts of numerous gentlemen of unknown coordinates .

I shall now closely monitor the whereebouts of the relevant monies to avoid abuse as for example seeing them disappear in the Korat forests where Pam´s home territory is .

The requested update on the dental developments is in order , watch this board around end of April when I shall be available for inspection .

Thank you again .

• Like 1

Of course, a lesser woman than this Ms. Pam might try the oft-effective cash-extractive operational strategy of "WU not give! Tingtong too mutt -- send again you bank me okay mai?"

YimSiam

Mister YimSiam ,

it is only today that I do fully realise your thoughtful comment , my apologies . Thank you for considering the possibility of potential exploitation but regarding the loveliest of all Pams I would completely exclude such strategy . She loves me and did further confirm in the meantime that Wessenunio did pay .

• Like 1

I am hereby finally praising the Western Union Company to the highest possible degree ; not only are their services fast , efficient and worth the fees but as soon as the targeted person did withdraw the funds from their outlet they send an email to the generous payer . It was only then that I received lovely Pam's real name in writing which I very much appreciate . In particular spelling her family name requires mental storage capacity above average level .

Mister YimSiam ,

it is only today that I do fully realise your thoughtful comment , my apologies . Thank you for considering the possibility of potential exploitation but regarding the loveliest of all Pams I would completely exclude such strategy . She loves me and did further confirm in the meantime that Wessenunio did pay .

I only suggest this nefarious and disappointing possibility because I have encountered similar, only realizing after I succumbed. This was pre-notification days, I suppose. Or rather - I was too blind, and too lonely in the moment, to implement safeguards appropriate to the situation...