Yahoo Not Accepting Thai Phone For Verification

gawguy

I need send some email while hiding my location, which I have always done with Tor. However, when trying to log onto Yahoo mail, I was asked for a verification number because "you have never logged on from that location before", "that location" is probably in Europe.

So I can get into yahoo mail with regular Firefox and I went into the security settings and tried to add my Thai phone number. You can choose Thailand from a drop down list. So I did that and clicked Send SMS and the little wheel twirled around for several seconds and "Thailand" turned into "United States" and the dialogue box told me a message would be sent there.

In other words they are not accepting Thailand. There are other ways to do this, like have codes sent to g/f phone in USA, but I imagine Tor is going to switch me to a different random country every time and I have to do it like that every time. The 15 hr time difference is a problem because she needs her sleep.

Or once I do that can I set Tor to use the same country every time?

(I also clicked on Send me an Email with the code, but they didn't send one. I suppose because from the system's point of view I'm locked out until I get the code. I'm not locked out of regular Yahoo, just Tor Yahoo.)

Thanks,

Gaw Guy