Worst Internet Connection Ever

gawguy

This has really deteriorated over the past two years. I'm in S Pattaya not far from Tuk Com and using an Aircard to connect via True. I've been connecting like this from about 4 yrs. I was here 6 months ago, Oct-Dec 2014 and it was worse than it had ever been before. Some of that was because of bad weather. But now, April 2015 with perfect weather I can barely send email. I have to wait and wait for all processes. The Aircard constantly reports the connection speed and I watch it go down to almost nothing several times a minute. It never connects at a constant speed and stays there. At best the speed is only decent.

I paid 970 baht for 5gb during a 30 day term. I'm not getting my money's worth at all. And I sometimes need to make phone calls with computer and I'm sure they would be dropped. I assume all of this is because there are more and more computers and phones connecting to the network and the system is overloaded.

Are any other networks performing better?

Or do I have to get a smart phone? Are you having similar connection and speed problems with phones connecting to the internet?

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

" Or do I have to get a smart phone ? "

Yes .. This is the best way in your case, then 200 baht a month for unlimited internet use, got your skype, line or whatever. When in Pattaya, I don't remember any problems, in Bangkok works fine anyway.

I went to True office and told them internet was slow, slow, slow and I could not work. Girl asked me "What time? Or all the time?" Then she mentioned "peak time." That's it. There is no solution and they cannot deliver what they sell. I went to Tuk Kom and bought a smart phone. I have work to do.

I'm north of Pattaya and using True internet. At times it has been exceedingly slow. The connection shows it is working, but the signal is very weak. I had True in Bangkok with much better service. It had been all right until the last week or so. Now at times it is almost unusable.

I'm north of Pattaya and using True internet. At times it has been exceedingly slow. The connection shows it is working, but the signal is very weak. I had True in Bangkok with much better service. It had been all right until the last week or so. Now at times it is almost unusable.

Exactly! I hope you are talking about aircard because I hope this f.ing phone that I have with AIS SIM will allow Skype and LocalPhone. I have barely been able to get email opened and sent.

I have no land line. It's through a satellite disk.

Whats the name of True Internet service via satellite dish? Never heard of that, cannot find on their web site? I thought everyone used line (True Online), wifi or 3G data (True Move) these days as coverage is extensive?

>I paid 970 baht for 5gb during a 30 day term.

I don't know about True but DTAC offer similar services, when their datacap is reached at say 12GB the speed drops back from 3G speeds to just 384kbps, then if you exceed 15GB in a month the speed drops further to 2kbps (the latter not even mentioned on their site afaik).

That said I think all services offer plans with no more than 384kbps completely unlimited (with the usual crap about 4G/3G speeds up front for a small amount of data to coax you in) these days with exception of CAT who currently have a 512kbps completely unlimited plan for 215THB / month. Cannot say these speeds are enough for me so I use land lines where possible.

I have also found True to be the most unreliable on speeds for both fixed line and air and get better service from other providers if they are available in your area?

Whats the name of True Internet service via satellite dish? Never heard of that, cannot find on their web site? I thought everyone used line (True Online), wifi or 3G data (True Move) these days as coverage is extensive?

The landlord has a satellite dish that's on the roof above my bedroom window. Doesn't say anything on it, but the bill comes from True, the same as always. :dunno: