Which Smart Phone

gawguy

So now that บางà¸à¸­à¸à¸¡à¸´à¸ªà¸‹à¸µà¹ˆ has told me I need a smart phone and as I always do what women tell me too, even if they have a beard (google translates that bit of Thai as "Missy Bangkok" and the photo is of a girl, I'm guessing one about 50 yr old with twig and berries) now the question as I go out into the uncharted dangerous waters of Tuk Com: "Which phone should I get??

A larger screen would be nice since I'm doing business, not tweeting. And I don't want to spend much money. It's only for when I'm here, which is less than half they year and it will obsolete in the near future anyway. I need to set up Local Phone app and run Tor.

I had an ipod touch so I'm familiar with touch screens and I'm not good with them.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated and please suggest what you think I should pay for any device you recommend.

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

If you are a Windows user there are some new budget Windows, nee Nokia, smartphones that might fit the bill. Not tried myself mind.

My wife could never get on with touch screens finding them unresponsive and awkward, until she had an iPhone, now she will not use anything else. Certainly I find them to have a much more sensitive action than almost anything else.

In the end though your smartphone will act as a mobile hotspot converting 3G/4G to WiFi so you can do whatever you need on a laptop or other WiFi device.

They often tether as well so you can access the 3G/4G over a USB connection.

That way you only use the phone for what you can manage. My guess is that with time and familiarity you will come to use much more of its functionality.

Especially if in Thailand and wanting to connect with girls most of whom use a plethora of chat apps from LINE, WhatsApp, Viber and others for essentially free communication.

Thank you, thank you for the responses.

Please tell me more...about phones and what is the best network. I need reliable to take care of my business.

And the USB tether to computer sounds really interesting. Will the "budget" Nokia's do that? That way I can drop True like it drops me.

Thanks, GG

" (google translates that bit of Thai as "Missy Bangkok" and the photo is of a girl, I'm guessing one about 50 yr old with twig and berries) "

:) Wrong on both counts, translates as Bangkok Missy, but agreed Google translates it in reverse, but hey what do I know. You guess completely wrong on age. ha ha ha ha ....... ummmm have to change picture but thanks for pointing out .....

Back to topic ..... AIS as the network and Samsung, as the smartphone, perhaps even consider a high spec Oppo or if you don't want to mess about and have the money then an IPhone 6