Which Smart Phone

gawguy

In the end though your smartphone will act as a mobile hotspot converting 3G/4G to WiFi so you can do whatever you need on a laptop or other WiFi device.

They often tether as well so you can access the 3G/4G over a USB connection.

That way you only use the phone for what you can manage. My guess is that with time and familiarity you will come to use much more of its functionality.

Don't need to tether via USB works just as well via Bluetooth

Don't need to tether via USB works just as well via Bluetooth

That's very true. Indeed I've never had a problem with the Wi-Fi to phone connection either though some people seem to think that it might be in some way insecure, and that a wired connection might be more secure. Absolute poppycock of course but there you go.

As far as carriers go you have the same choice, DTAC, True and AIS. Which you prefer might just be personal choice. Some less populated areas have better coverage from one network as opposed to the other two but in urban areas they are all much the same I think.

You can pay a flat fee for internet service as distinct from voice/sms service but check the fine print as even "unlimited" packages are often limited to only so much at the higher data rates, dropping back to much slower speed once the limit is used up.

How about that??

I know many having same and happy including my sister .... although as you would expect, the screen clarity is not as sharp as a more expensive model. If this is not an issue then fine ...

I am with Coss. I have had a iPnone 4s for years and have no intention of replacing it. I actually just had a new battery put in.

I also use the "Hotspot" feature for my MacBook

I'm with Bust, and my iPhone 4 hasn't needed a battery yet, touch wood...

I bought AIS SuperCombo 4.5 inch screen 3,000 baht. Then I went to AIS and bought 3gb Internet 750 baht. When she took a photo of my passport and put my name on my phone I was almost sick. First time in 15yr I have ever given my PP to anyone except a hotel or immigration.

Sick? :surprised: It's pretty standard fare for buying some stuff in Thailand that they might want some sort of ID. Sim cards now have to be registered, there's been a thread on this.

Do let us know how the AIS data service compares to the True data service. Wondering though why you didn't just by an AIS sim and data service to try in your other device to compare first.