New York Times Editorial, "trickery And False Promises In Thailand"

jon46

" Where's that scrappy Thai Woman apologist, when news like this appears? Oh I forgot, she ran away, standard Thai behaviour to save face. No thought of standing up and being counted, even when wrong. "

Nothing more than an insidious distortion .......

post-55327-0-47369900-1428842089_thumb.jpg

“peace and order maintenance officers,â€

"Since the May coup, more than 1,000 academics, activists, politicians and bloggers have been detained or sent to Thai military installations for “attitude adjustment.â€"

Where's that scrappy Thai Woman apologist, when news like this appears? Oh I forgot, she ran away, standard Thai behaviour to save face. No thought of standing up and being counted, even when wrong.

Wasn't there someone important in the Thai hierarchy, that recently struggled to explain the concept of integrity to his Thai audience? The difficulty being, that there is no word for integrity in Thai? Correct me if I'm wrong.

What does she have to do with the Coup taking people away? No one can even report it in Thailand. Says it all. Iif you support this Coss I have serious doubts.

" Where's that scrappy Thai Woman apologist, when news like this appears? Oh I forgot, she ran away, standard Thai behaviour to save face. No thought of standing up and being counted, even when wrong. "

Nothing more than an insidious distortion .......

Good to see you back.

What does she have to do with the Coup taking people away? No one can even report it in Thailand. Says it all. Iif you support this Coss I have serious doubts.

Support? I don't hold a position either way. The NYT says the leadership does bad things. I show this by highlighting the NYT report. I don't write the report, nor endorse it.

What I did was launch a shot across the bows to 'that scrappy Thai Woman apologist' because she'd said that the current leadership was doing good overall, but she had now left the board, diminishing the quality of the debate, substantially.

She has now reappeared, good, job done.

For the record, if the NYT are crap with the truth, then shame on them, ---------- I've removed this bit voluntarily now I've seen KS's edit in the OP

​Me? I don't support anything in LOS, except the promotion of economically available night life and relatively cheap booze. The rest is a soap opera, being keeping me entertained for 30 years.

-------------------------

BTW, apologies if my posts have been misunderstood, political discussions are so much better in person, on the other hand imagine if this discussion were conducted via twittle. There'd be hashtags for Kardashians all over the place

• Like 1