Bridge/River Kwai

I checked Sam's place, on the way to the bridge, looked ok, but we stayed in a hotel on the main drag. There's plenty of choice, really. Try to go see Wat tam kao Noi, 15km south, a complex of temples, from afar it looks like a fairy tale castle, quite garrish, great for pix and very good views on the rice fields all around as it's on a hill, as its name indicates. I have been told about a wat where the monks have tigers as pets, but that info was after i went. Actually, it seems that it took business away from the kanburi zoo, and some of the tigers have died mysteriously subsequently. Not sure if TAT advertises this wat, at least they did not show it on their map.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed at the River Kwai hotel, around 1.000 baht/night, downtown on the main road that is. Think there is a similar named place close to the bridge (River Kwai resort) which is a few km out of town if I recall. I also remember V guest house, almost opposite the River Kwai hotel, good value around 400 b for aircon room.

There is a huge massage parlor next to the River Kwai hotel. I remember that cutie saying "a farang, a farang" They always surprise me (how a massage girl can be enthousiastic to go upstairs with her first(?) farang is beyond my understanding).

thanks for the info again.

Pattaya127: I'll definitely check out that Wat. (looks like a 2 nite stay, as too much to do for just 1)

thalenoi: You are right about the resort. They have a site with no prices. (looked liked nice rooms though)

I emailed them to get a price from town to join the trip, rather than ride all the way from BKK and back again with others. She said it was 1000b per person. So, I dont' know if that's less or the same as if they picked you up from BKK.

Anyway, I'll just wing it when I get there.

And sure.. you had to tell me about the massage parlor. smile.gif

troydeere

• 3 weeks later...

I spent a couple of pleasant days in Kanchanaburi a couple of weeks ago. I checked out the Wat, the Khmer ruins and the massage parlour mentioned. All were very worthwhile. Stayed at the River Kwai Hotel 700 baht, no breakfast, 900 baht with breakfast. Pass on the breakfast and eat somewhere better for less.

"Japanese men like girls with big bushes..."

jp1,

LOL but what makes you think that? I lived in Japan for over a decade and never heard anything about this "big bush" fixation. Quite the opposite in fact. Most Japanese blokes seem to be after a bird who looks and acts as much like a 12 year old kid as possible, and 12 year olds don't have big bushes.

"...and it's hard to find shaved girls over here."

Again, quite the contrary. My ex-missus's best friend (Japanese and gorgeous) had a big bush (according to my missus: never got a look at it myself, unfortunately) and was terrified that it would be discovered and put a prospective boyfriend off, so she used to shave all the time. In fact if the majority of Japanese gals didn't trim their pussy fuzz, the hairs would be dangling down to their ankles. I would say that about 50% of the Japanese birds I shagged whilst living there (and I laid a fair deal of piping during that decade smile.gif) shaved their pubes if not completely then at least down each side (so no "strays" were hanging out of the bikiki leg holes) creating a neat Adolf Hitler 'tashe effect.

Oh shit, we're back on WW2... blush.gif

No flame intended jp1. Maybe it's different nowadays and the Japanese gals are letting their pubes hang low blush.gif?

j wink.gif

Archived