Can She Know I Arrived In The Country?

YimSiam

Hi,

It's very simple. If you call a phone in Thailand and it is not available for whatever reason, you will receive an SMS as soon as it becomes available again. So, all she needs to do is call it every now and then and wait for the SMS.

Sanuk!

Isn't that what I said :neener:

Huh, so there really is this basic function for phones that don't receive messages because they're offline. Didn't know that. I'd have to agree that if this feature exists here, even if only active for a week or so after the missed call, she could easily place a call once or twice a week to keep on top of my movements... In this case, there is not even the slightest possibility that it's a soul-mate extra-sensory communication thing going on. Just periodic joint ventures into the business of pleasure, nothing more!

Three days here now, and I'm ready to remove my SIM from my phone for other reasons - it seems there's some kind of YimSIam's Law on phone calls and messages from Thai girls: if they have my number, they're the kind of girls I really should steer clear of and never see again. God, over the years, I have really drunk to the dregs of the freelance bargirl scene... And still I haven't aimed consistently higher yet, that's for sure. Once you've earned a label as an all-night plastic chair drinker who can be counted on to take home whatever girl is still standing at dawn, it's an uphill battle to try to polish up the reputation I've earned on the pavements of Sukhumvit. I have no energy for a crusade these days - not gonna turn myself hi-so, young and handsome at this point, so fuck it, I stick to the gutters...

Thanks for information on the mystery phone tracking... The girls must be making great use of this, to help juggle the sponsors...

Hi,

It's very simple. If you call a phone in Thailand and it is not available for whatever reason, you will receive an SMS as soon as it becomes available again. So, all she needs to do is call it every now and then and wait for the SMS.

Not sure if there is a time limit between calling and being notified of it being available again.

Sanuk!

Well I never knew...

... or his trips to Siam are predictable.

And they are, actually - not fully, but if five or six weeks have passed since I've been seen, watch the Friday afternoon or evening arrivals from the middle east, because I start my leaves on Thursday at noon, transit two other countries, and land at Suvarnabhumi at 15:15... so pretty sound practice to drop my Thai number a call around 4 pm on Fridays...

Although the value of my ages old and beloved petrol-driven Siemens mobile phone comes nowhere near Mr Yimsiam`s 20 USD I truely appreciate the enormous value of this very thread . I was actually considering to acquire a new telephone to cut any unwanted phone calls only hours after I stumbled from the aeroplane at Suvannapum airport , originating from ex-lovely Nok , a mushroom farmer and random massage therapists , female . No ladyboys. My thanks go out to Mr khunsanuk for explaining the mystery . I do further remember Mr Stickman writing about something that you can install into your partners mobile and that keeps on tracking whom he/her is talking to and even what they speak . Horrifying prospects I have to admit .

<<If you call a phone in Thailand and it is not available for whatever reason, you will receive an SMS as soon as it becomes available again. So, all she needs to do is call it every now and then and wait for the SMS.>>

I had a think about this, it's also a two way message service, Mr Bill should also gets a message saying "This number tried to reach you"

He hasn't said so, if he is getting those SMS's and not just calls, then yes, this is what's happening.

If you didn't get that message then I'd like to know if you have ever activated your Thai Sim in Line or Viber, you haven't said if this is a smart phone or not. Some of the VOIP services like Line etc do show when a person is available.