Did Nasa Mistakenly Create A Warp Field?

waerth

<<Very short from the way I understand it. The Em drive is supposed to generate thrust from power (electricity) alone. Which is theoretically impossible. But in previous tests and in this test it actually does exactly that. And while testing it they found what looked like small warp bubbles being generated.>>

Seriously? Thrust from power is impossible? Did you not read in this thread that one of the Satellites I'm currently working with is using electrical thrust, not in orbit keeping, but as a launch stage by electricity? ION Drive, nothing theoretically impossible, Russians been using this technology for orbit keeping for 50 years, Boeing is using it for a launch to GEO orbit stage. NASA has used it for years as well.

Do y'all remember the announcement by a group at CERN of faster than light discovery? It turned out to be a loose connection on a fiber optic cable, ie, experimental error.

I'll wait for the peer reviewed article. :easter:

Obviously one has no idea about FO cables and connections there is no such thing as a loose connection on a fiber network.

An ion drive is different. It uses an electric field to accelerate ions out the nozzle. A perfect example of Newton's 3rd law and the conservation of momentum. The EM drive seems to be some sort of microwave resonate cavity.

Now consider the plasma rocket engine,

Obviously one has no idea about FO cables and connections there is no such thing as a loose connection on a fiber network.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/science-environment-17139635

But the team also said they found a problem in the optical fibre connection between the GPS signal and the experiment's main clock - quite simply, a cable not quite fully plugged in.

<<Very short from the way I understand it. The Em drive is supposed to generate thrust from power (electricity) alone. Which is theoretically impossible. But in previous tests and in this test it actually does exactly that. And while testing it they found what looked like small warp bubbles being generated.>>

Seriously? Thrust from power is impossible? Did you not read in this thread that one of the Satellites I'm currently working with is using electrical thrust, not in orbit keeping, but as a launch stage by electricity? ION Drive, nothing theoretically impossible, Russians been using this technology for orbit keeping for 50 years, Boeing is using it for a launch to GEO orbit stage. NASA has used it for years as well.

It doesnt use mass to generate thrust. Just electricity. Nothing else. What you are talking about is an ion drive. Which does use mass in combination with electricity to generate thrust. The EM drive uses only electricity without mass. Which is theoretically impossible but is now showing in tests to "probably" work. Which is upsetting all laws of physics.

Baa,

My good Sir take a seat and allow me to enhance ones own education.

You are talking about good old fashioned copper wires, the shit I was doing 35 years ago where loose connections etc will induce higher resistance which equals errors if not a fire.

Fibers are a different kettle of fish, you cannot just throw a multimeter on one and look for resistance, OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometery) testing is required where one can identify loss and attenuation across the fiber network.

What was the carrier wavelength 850nM or 1300nM, was the "Loose Connection" (your words not mine) ascertained via Two Point Method or Least Squared Method?

Sorry to be a pedant but FO backbones are core to my job, if my network has problems then the whole country is blacked out

a little light reading FO Testing for Dummies (not that I am inferring you are one)

http://www.thefoa.org/tech/ref/testing/OTDR/OTDR.html