Did Nasa Mistakenly Create A Warp Field?

waerth

Waerth, what you wrote was "Electricity producing thrust": What you left off, is the need to have a propellant. The story you posted actually mentions that important detail. ION drive is electrical thrust. It also has a propellant.

Sorry that I didnt mention it. I assumed you read up on EM drive concept before reacting :p

I know about Ion drives. Use them all the time in Kerbal Space Program :)

http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/neutrinos/neutrinos-faster-than-light/opera-what-went-wrong/

But when the fiber isn’t screwed in right, an effect such as that shown at the bottom of Figure 4 results; not as much light as expected enters the box, and this slows the rate at which the electrical voltage builds up, delaying the point at which 5 Volts is reached, and therefore delaying the Master Clock timing pulse. The whole effect is several tens of nanoseconds, depending on how improperly the fiber is screwed in.

5V on a FO hahaha

Come back when you know something Baa and stop quoting crap,

Wanna talk about IRIG Time Synch? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRIG_timecode

So sorry as I stated Networks and time synch is the backbone of my profession, I would be more than welcome to explain to you the innuedos over dinner and a few beers just as long as you pick up the tab.

Yes - well, some of us do this for real work, and others . . . . play games

:)

Elon Musk loves it ... he twitters about it sometimes :p

Anyway the game is great as you need a basic understanding of physics etc. It rekindled my interest in the space programs.

W

Dunno about some of this. I've seen too many times bad FO connectors that create weird problems, stuff that works then doesn't, or the BER goes through the roof yet enough gets through to 'sort of' work. It's not that the connectors weren't plugged in, rather they were faulty and had poor alignment, or summat. This is mostly SDH stuff running E(assorted) mostly PCM30C. Have had issues with jitter caused by a clock fight that also looks similar but was very much down to a poorly designed interface unit. I

If they were sending raw TTL down the FO I could see how it could be possible also to get something out the other end albeit garbage that didn't necessarily look like it all the time.

I'll still take fibre over copper most times but even better is something with a couple of kV at a couple of I, and if it glows then even better still.

News about the EM drive now also on a major site like space.com.

http://www.space.com...e-em-drive.html

"The technology is largely theoretical, but initial test results have been officially presented, by both NASA and Chinese space agencies. The idea is also quite controversial, since it seems to violate certain Newtonian law of physics.

According to the report, the significance of the new research is that NASA has successfully tested EM propulsion in a hard vacuum for the first time. Previous tests were conducted in atmospheric conditions."