Farang Police

He may be one of the so-called police "volunteers", though if so why the jump wings? My guess is he's some clown dressed up. I've never seen a Farang police volunteer in Pattaya, but what I'm told is they seem to attract the prats who like to dress up, act important, and throw their weight around. The idea is that they can "help" in situations which require an English speaker. If that's the case, the #1 priority should be that their Thai is very fluent. But I'm told most of them can barely speak the language. Bad idea ...

• Like 2

My first visit to the Philippines, when I left, the armed guards at the Manila airport, who prevent the locals getting inside, barred my entry and said "wannbyabudge" , which translates as "do you want to buy a badge', 500 pesos for a 'genuine' Police Badge.

My current badge says my name is Stillwater

police-badge.jpg

Wait, please hold the presses, but now the Pattaya Rag is being accepted as a source of repute?

Let's give this guy a break until proven otherwise. He's living in Pattaya, he has himself a nice hobby to keep busy, and it looks like he is enjoying himself. That sounds good for me. As far as visas and work permits, of course he has them, he's working for the Royal Thai Police. Speculation otherwise just brings this board down to the Kevel of Thai Visa.