New Study Shows That People Stop Listening To New Music At 33

waerth

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... I would beg to differ, house, progressive or nay, is really a progression from disco.

And where it once took a whole band to make, it can now be made on an iPad.

Bronski Beat's cover of I Feel Love springs to mind.

" I really enjoy Progressive House. That is reasonably new. "

ummmm ... Everybody to their own, this is not my taste in music at all ..... but enjoy the musc clip ...

It's True, what YimSiam said,1993 they stopped making new music, it all got recycled from then on in.

You only have to look at the rise of the DJ, a species whose fame is measured by the ability to "mix" other people's music together, to see this.

Look at Kanye West ffsake, where is the originality?

And Hipity Hopity, or Rap or such, is not music, it's beat poetry, it's performance, its angst for angry young people, but it's not music, any more than a pile of dog shit is art.

Show me a new Rock n Roll, show me a new Disco, show me a new New Romantics. Nope 1993 was the year the music stopped.

Someone once tried to explain the genres of Dub and Bass and Bass and Dub and so on to me, I tried to explain that I could whack some of that out in 15 minutes using Reason and a laptop or an iPad, they didn't understand, they were young, they thought they'd invented everything.

Get off my lawn. :D

<<Lemmy was a self-confessed inept guitarist who used volume and stagecraft to cover his lack of ability.[2] He became a bassist by accident after joining the band, thinking he was replacing Huw Lloyd Langton. Lemmy said: “ I knew the guitarist because he took eight tabs of acid and then we never saw him for five years.[3] â€>>

Brialliant