The Prediction Thread

Coss

I propose a thread of, then and now predictions. Or let's see if this is going to be true..

Examples may be - Arctic Ice Cap disappears completely predictions, but it hasn't. Or any topic at all, but it should be a prediction and whether or not it turns out to be true, or not.

To get the ball rolling - 10,000-year-old Antarctic ice-shelf 'gone in five years'

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11450770

Antarctica's Larsen B ice-shelf is on course to disintegrate completely within the next five years, according to a study by US space agency Nasa.

The 10,000-year-old ice-shelf, which partially collapsed in 2002, is "quickly weakening" and likely to "disintegrate completely" before the end of the decade, researchers have predicted, after observing warning signs including large developing cracks and faster-flowing tributary glaciers.

"These are warning signs that the remnant is disintegrating," said Ala Khazendar of Nasa's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. etc etc

___

We have to wait 5 years for this one, but I'll still be here to see...

The world economy will collapse

world-economy.jpg

Their fortunes gone, “the rich shall die many times over,†I'm inclined to agree with Nostradamus ...

• 4 weeks later...