The Prediction Thread

Coss

Mr Mekong, as we could note before at other issues , your efforts to get out of wrong statements requires our admiration, even if unsuccessful.

10 hours ago, Mekong said:

Recycling of Turbine Blades only takes place in a finite number of cases, not in every instance as you would wish us believe.

Where, dear Sir,  did I say that they are being recycled in every instance? Please answer the question before we continue.

May I further remind you that after your initial statement they are not recyclable you moved to " not easily recyclable " which I would happily support.

My endless efforts to make Mr Mekong aware of late news within the energy sector make me publish this piece which I found on Youtube somewhere and sums it all up :

From a seasoned wind turbine technician of 15 year's as myself, this piece is old news. This was a glaring issue 5 year's ago, in the video Siemens and Vestas are just 2 companies trying to formulate a new resin. In actuality the wind community has tackled this problem with recycling plants in Texas, Iowa, and Washington. Not to mention abroad, GE Spain is one of the largest recycling plants in the world. To novices this seems like a huge black eye but to the wind energy professionals this has been solved.

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Where, dear Sir,  did I say that they are being recycled in every instance? Please answer the question before we continue.

May I further remind you that after your initial statement they are not recyclable you moved to " not easily recyclable " which I would happily support.

You stated, “Can Be Recycled” the word “Can” refers to “The Majority” not all but the majority, whereas in fact it is the minority which are being recycled therefore the statement is “Could be Recycled” 

Semantics, probably, but it alters the whole concept of your comment.

In the vor 3 Monten link posted 2 points

• WTG Blades last 25 Years
  • New Method of producing Carbon Fiber to make easier to recycle

That Video was posted March 2022, so by my reckoning the Blades will be past their useful life in 2047. Not today, tomorrow, next week, or next Heat even, but 25 years from now, when most of us will be dead.

What I am talking about is what is happening today, not something which could happen long after I have popped my mortal coil.

8 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Dear Sir, if we continue with this, your arguments shall soon enter the world of parapsychology or anything similar. We could probably agree that cans can be recyled, now and at 100 %.

• But WTG Blades are made from GRP not cans
  • The study established a global weighted average recycling rate for aluminum at 69 percent, compared to PET at 43 percent and glass at 46 percent
  • The study identified aluminum recycling rates at 98 percent in Brazil, 79 percent in Poland, 77 percent in Japan, 72 percent in Italy and 55 percent in the United States.

Source

So a report from the Can  Makers Institute states 69% Global Recycling yet Bubi Claims 100%. I know who’s figures I find more believable.

22 hours ago, Coss said:

I got a can, I am considering recycling it, no I'm not, yes I am, hang on, could I ? Can I?

Am I flogging a dead horse?

Or is he just resting?

Sir, a can can generally be recycled although conditions apply :

" You stated, “Can Be Recycled” the word “Can” refers to “The Majority” not all but the majority, whereas in fact it is the minority which are being recycled therefore the statement is “Could be Recycled”  "

Does your can belong to the minority or majority of cans? To find out , turn it upside down and look for the mark "M" which tells you a lot.