In The Spirit Of Days Gone By

Coss

I remember one night in BKK

a long time ago...

We got back to the Casa del Coss, we'd been drinking G&Ts, a lot, we were both very drunk. I broke the rule of 1 G&T per 20Kg body weight of bar girl, any more is trouble. She must have matched me for 6 or 7 G&Ts. So we retired to room, and she spent a rather long time in the shower, so I had to force the door, unresponsive as she was.

There lying on the floor of the shower, unconscious naked beauty, very clean by this stage due to continual water supply. Luckily the water wasn't too hot, or she would have cooked. I was worried about her health, like was she alive?

So I hefted (surprisingly heavy wet and slippery, 43Kg bar girls are) the damsel onto the bed, checked there were vital signs, dried her off and let her sleep, well, coma really. Note to self, don't let damsels drink too much.

By about 6 in the morning she was coming around and very horny with it, so she jumped me, really, not that I needed encouragement, after 2.5 years, I'd not forgotten what to do.

I would have let her sleep and chalked this one up to experience, but she'd obviously heard of hangover sex, quite enthusiastic for one so recently comatose. I was glad she had emerged from the coma in such good working order.

And she was a sweetie to boot. But no return business I think, well maybe without the G&Ts...

And I did, if memory serves.

“The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.â€

I'm dubious about her enthusiasm for anything called hangover sex - I have to chalk it up to a simple desire to ensure she received at least some of the hoped-for per diem departure fee... In other words: she knew she fucked up by passing out, and she wanted to make things as right as they could be made....

Alright, if I'm going to be dubious, I'm obliged to put my own up:

Hong Kong, a long time ago, a galaxy far away... I've been long-timing the same Thai tourist-visa FL girl from one of the Wanchai freelancer outlets repeatedly, the classic mistake of the drunk-and-enamored foreigner, tipping my hand... I get a call from one of her friends while I'm settling down for the night in my apartment: "[aka] Noi is very drunk! She want see YS too much! Please come take care she, she love you too much!" And I, in my fucking lost state of mind at the time, I jump in a cab and down to Wanchai, find her wasted in a bar, throw a hook into her and drag her into a taxi and up the elevator to my room. We have a brief bit of shouting fight, about what I don't remember, and at some point I hurl her handbag down the full length of my apartment, the contents flying into every nook and corner (this being HK, the 'full length of my apartment' is like a Japanese dick measurement, embarrassing and uninspiring, but leave that aside for now...). She crashes into my bed and goes into virtual coma, completely out for the evening...

I continue with whatever it was I was continuing with before her friend called me earlier, the soft feline snore of a TG on my bed as reassuring as ever... And then a phone begins to ring, over and over and over. It's her phone, obviously, and being a gentleman, I am not at all curious to answer it, not even to see who's calling. I'm that kind of guy - but all things being equal, I also know that she runs numbers for the local, uh, numbers people while she's in Hk, amongst other things. So best to let ringing phones ring. She purrs on, dead to the world.

But it rings and rings and rings, and eventually I'm forced to look for it, damn thing. I find it, I click off the first few calls. But eventually the same Thai number is calling HK, and I decide to answer. It's a man, and he says:

"Yimsiam? This is YimSiam?"

"Uh, chai kap. I'm YimSiam. Who's this?"

"You fuck wife me. You fuck [aka] Noi."

"Uh, chai kap. Fuck Noi."

"OK." click.

And so it goes... Phone rings, I click it off, I click it off, I answer: alleged husband of the girl passed out on my bed. Repeat.

The point of this story is: that in the morning of the next day, Miss [aka] Noi wakes up, showers, has no memory of any of the night before (happy-fai/5, for those familiar), but spends a considerable time gather up all the bits and pieces of her handbag spread across my room -- and goes to great repetitive lengths to apologize: "I am so sorry, YimSiam, that I threw my handbag and all my things around your room, I am so sorry..."

Sometimes they fall asleep, and the interesting part is in the morning.

YS