A Spiked Drink In Nanaplaza

zen4dummies

A friend sent me an email with a picture of his 'smashed face'. He said that he had made his normal rounds last Saturday and his final stop was in a bar in Nana Plaza where he had one drink. It was his first time in the bar. Nothing but a few old girls and lady boys serving drinks so he left. He crashed just short of his hotel, waking up the next day with cuts and bandages on his face. The next day someone told him that they had helped get him to his hotel where the staff cleaned him up and put him to bed.

He said that he was within his limits so it was not a falling down drunk situation and he was sure that they had put something into his drink. He has no memory of what happened after starting to walk back to his hotel. With all of the lady boy bars Nana Plaza is getting dodgier and dodgier.

I responded to his email and called him to find out what bar that it was but his phone was off and he has not emailed me since. I saw him the Saturday afternoon before this happened and he was arranging for an air ticket so he may be back in Laos.

Has anyone heard of this sort of thing in Nana Plaza lately?

Someone told me Stick has made the move to NZ? I thought he decided to stay? I rarely read his column as it's such a mess of a web site I can never find the link so don't bother.

So is he in NZ or Bangkok?

Aside - I used to think my drinks being spiked regularly, until I realized I was just getting rotten drunk fast.

• Like 1

Someone told me Stick has made the move to NZ? I thought he decided to stay? I rarely read his column as it's such a mess of a web site I can never find the link so don't bother.

So is he in NZ or Bangkok?

He is in NZ, but is still running the column. I have always enjoyed the column. I agree that the font mix is not the best, but the content is good.

Now understand...I read Stick's column for the first time in years and was amazed a few weeks ago he spent an entire edition's

editorial smearing a former expat Farang scumbag(Keith somebody from Nakhon Pahnom?).currently hiding elsewhere

It seemed personal ... and sort of so what... Also his comments about the "gifts to the BIB" etc.

Safer to do from your home country...

How did this thread about spiked drinks in Nana Plaza degenerate into a character assassination of stick?

Stick and I have often disagreed on our own opinions but we both know we are all entitled to our own, bringing his personal life into it is low IMHO.

Drop it Guys