A Spiked Drink In Nanaplaza

zen4dummies

Note: when I say I don't fuck with people, I'm not talking about pulling pranks or Mr Male's example of pulling a joke on stickman. I definitely am guilty.

I'm talking about there's people out there who have ill intent... and will prey on the vulnerable. Fuck them.

I can asure you I have only ever spiked my own drinks.

While I say that in jest, the truth is I often thought perhaps a drink had been spiked, only to have a friend tell me the next day just how much I had drunk.

One problem coming to Thailand, especially when the exchange rate was crazy, was I could afford to drink hard every day, and I did, sometimes, often perhaps, far harder than I thought.

Now looking back, I realize what I had thought of as people maybe spiking my drink, in fact was me just getting shit faced far faster than I was used too.

I suspect some people do get spiked, but I also suspect many more think they do, when they, lke me, have just gotten shit faced far faster than they mean too

What Pretendingtobemale said.

and also I've woken up in much worse condition than I should have, sometimes I put it down to really crap G&Ts, sometimes I thought I had been drugged, but still had my money, not sure.

I suppose it's eminently possible that my forays into mind altering experiences when young, had predisposed me to some measure of control and theretofore the charming little pixies had no opportunity to rob me, if I was a victim of spiked drinks. But I guess I'll never know.

alright - mr male made a point and defined his position. and it's a good point.

but now we got the boys club jumping in to wax nostalgic and boast of their youthful prowess with alcohol or whatever. note: was never talking about being intoxicated to the point of silliness and then the next day wondering 'gee, somebody could've drugged me or something - i passed out.'

have the suspicion that if you guys were beaten, left laying out on the street bloody in public after REALLY being drugged -- you may not be waxing nostalgic for it. if you made it home that is and didn't end up another unfortunate 'suicide.'

JaiRai, sure, we've made light of it, because I think many make the mistake thinking they had been spiked, people who really have been, it sucks.

However after getting rid of the annoying noise on this board, it seems to me at least a bit more interesting to look in on.

I welcome all the contributions, especially that fine short story!

word. :)

hope nobody takes my dissenting opinion to heart. i'm grateful for you, coss, and a whole bunch of fellas here who taught me a lot (in a kinda indirect manner). ks is an interesting person who became a friend over time and helped me out like... a ton, though he doesn't realize it. good stuff here - i just can't help putting out a counter-point, it needs to be done. :xmascheer

whatever happens in this crazy world - don't quit your happy go lucky ways mr male. cheers.