Android Tv

Pom Michael

Looking to buy either a new TV with built in Android TV. Or an external Android TV box.

Any advice from the board?

I see the top of the line Sony is available now - wonder how much this cost right now?

85 inch X Series BRAVIA 4K LED backlight / 3D TV

http://www.sony.co.th/product/kd-85x9500b?site=hp_en_TH_i

You won't get much 4k content though for that.

Fortune 3rd floor has some shops selling up boxes, but frankly nothing you couldn't do yourself.

My son can't understand why I pay for TV, when he can get streams of everything he wants and plays out on the TV.

Just connect a pc or laptop to TV and away you go.

Ease of use has to be the biggest factor. Turning on the TV and switching channels has worked without much effort in the past.

Sports and News - both live and replays - these are the biggest reasons I keep TrueVisions.

Ease of use is getting there for the "catch up tv" as I have heard them called.

I have both the Apple TV and a Roku box - both work good for what they do.

I looked into a Chromecast dongle - but that looked like it would just allow you to stream/view items from your phone or tablet to the TV. This can be done already with AppleTV (Ios devices) and the Roku allows for at Android devices to stream.

The Android TV, especially if built in - would be an added device to play with.

Well, my Logitech Google TV has lost youtube videos.

Stuff gets outdated, I guess.

The Logitech Google TV had a neat feature.

You could go to Google and type in . . . say. . . Bangkok Nightlife . . . and go to videos and click on any one of them.

And the youtube videos seemed to randomly go on all day long . . . if one wished. Some boring but some quite interesting. The videos - some long - some short - went on and on that seemed random.

One day I went to Google/Youtube on the Google TV and typed in . . . Vietnam . . . and clicked on one youtube video . . . and viewed an interview done by some independent person . . . interviewing RVN former officers still interned in the "Re-education Camps" somewhere in remote Vietnam. God Bless the holdouts.

Neat feature gone on my Google TV set top box.

Maybe time to upgrade my old electronics.

And maybe time to turn in my rotary dial cell phone.

Well, my Logitech Google TV has lost youtube videos.

Stuff gets outdated, I guess.

The same thing happened with the Apple TV they ditched Youtube from Version 1 and 2 and now only available on 3 and 3A

I, or should I say the wife, use mine mainly as a wireless interface between phone / tablet / laptop and TV most Thai TV channels are available online so she watches that during the day when I am at work. As for Youtube well just access it from a device and mirror it via Apple TV.

Movies I just download torrents, fire up Vuze in the office first thing in the morning and just download every day, being the network administrator I have blocked all the locals access to download and streaming sites but us expats can still use it.