Holidays In Eckernfoerde – Some Pictures And Comments

Nasiadai

The sun slowly takes its course from the east via the south slowly to the west, where it is gradually setting.

The illusion is perfect: the queen rises above the horizon to look at her world. So thought our ancestors and we would accept today if there had not been a Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo.

And these gentlemen have discovered that Her Majesty the Queen stands still and the earth bows to her.

post-140-0-15055800-1437684347_thumb.jpg

After a long day we left the beach and went into the downtown Eckernförde, which is just a few steps from the sea. We bow to Her Majesty too and drink a few beverages to quench the thirst.

Together with Eckernfoerder friends.

post-140-0-67885600-1437684417_thumb.jpg

One good hour later - the sun stood slightly above the roofs of the opposite houses – I entered the Bistro.

My Eckernförder friends have gone; they must work tomorrow, cannot stay with me.

post-140-0-82066100-1437684510_thumb.jpg

The sun breaks with ease through the window that the interior lights pale before the force of the setting sun. The sun's rays are looking straight into the my eyes and ask me:

"Why not today? Next morning, as the weather forecast says, I will not be there!"

It does not happen every day that I am invited by our celestial body, star.

“Alright,†I answer, “I come, I accept the invitation.â€

post-140-0-99258800-1437684607_thumb.jpg

I know immediately what I'll drink: Jever and Flensburger.

If you ever have the chance to drink a beer Jever, then do not let pass up this opportunity.

Live from Eckernförde

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Düsseldorf

Thanks for your nice comments.

The weather changed; rainy, cloudy and it became cold; only 16 to 19 degrees now.

We went back home to Düsseldorf. The holidays of my daughter are over too and she has to go back to work.

Pretendingtobemale,

sometimes there is a commercial on German television to be admired; advertise Flenburger Pilsener: It is a wonderful evening.

Two guys sit in their beach baskets enjoying the sunset on a snow-white sand beach. Each of the blokes has a bottle of Flenburger Pilsener in his hand.

They press with their thumbs on the steel bracket of the bottle cap.

The bottles open with a loud PLOPP followed by a liberating and optimistic "aaahhhhh" of the guys in anticipation of their beer enjoyment.

Taiwan_girl writes:

„Beautiful pictures and it looks like a very nice place. I was in Muenster, Germany for a week in June. Very much liked it and hope to go back.“

Thanks for your kind words.

Are you a Chinese girl from Taiwan? Oh my goodness! Khun Sanuk, who do we have here on this board?

Who hangs out here? A Thai girl and now a Chinese lady from Taiwan.

You have been in Münster in June? Wonderful! Long time daylight; only very short time it is dark. From 23 in the night to about 4 o'clock in the morning.

Best time to stay in Deutschland.

I think you have been at the university of Münster? Are you a student girl?

Muenster has a big university with several tenthousends of students. It is a typical German university town.

By the way: "beautiful pictures" writes Taiwan_girl.

My pictures are no masterpieces.

After my stroke I can operate the camera only quite unskilful, heavy-handed, with the untrained left hand.

The right arm and hand are paralyzed.

Greetings to Krung Thep.

Live from the university library of Düsseldorf

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

• Like 1

Taiwan_girl writes:

„Beautiful pictures and it looks like a very nice place. I was in Muenster, Germany for a week in June. Very much liked it and hope to go back.“

Thanks for your kind words.

Are you a Chinese girl from Taiwan? Oh my goodness! Khun Sanuk, who do we have here on this board?

Who hangs out here? A Thai girl and now a Chinese lady from Taiwan.

You have been in Münster in June? Wonderful! Long time daylight; only very short time it is dark. From 23 in the night to about 4 o'clock in the morning.

Best time to stay in Deutschland.

I think you have been at the university of Münster? Are you a student girl?

Muenster has a big university with several tenthousends of students. It is a typical German university town.

By the way: "beautiful pictures" writes Taiwan_girl.

My pictures are no masterpieces.

After my stroke I can operate the camera only quite unskilful, heavy-handed, with the untrained left hand.

The right arm and hand are paralyzed.

Yes, Khun Nasiadai - I am original from Taiwan, Kaohsiung to be specific. This is an interesting website. I have learned alot. 5555

I was visiting a friend in Muenster, but did have a chance to see the main university. Very pretty, but the whole town was very pretty. I loved that it was very bicycle friendly. Made it easy to travel by bike - plus good exercise!!

You mention the about the sun staying up so late. Yes, that was interesting. We would look up and not have had dinner yet because it was so light, but it was actually already around past 9 o'clock. I guess, eating like the high class people. :D

I lived in Tainan City (north of Kaohsiung) from early October 1991 to late February 1992. I was very glad that my stay turned out to be so short and my employers transferred me to their Bangkok office. :grinyes:

Dear, revered Munchmaster, what you write is not friendly!

You were very glad that your company sent you to Bangkok. That means you were happy to leave Taiwan; you prefer Siam to Taiwan.

Can you tell us why you were happy to be transferred from Taiwan to Bangkok?

I am playing the fool, maybe that I am acting stupid on purpose now. hahahahaha

Live from the university library of Düsseldorf

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

About the same time frame I was in Kaoshiung for three years, mostly working at China Steel and another small rod and bar mill.

Haven't been back since 1997, but when I was there, the pollution was beyond terrible! The tap water smelled of diesel oil!!

The Love River ran thru the city and it was anything but lovely!!!

Kaoshiung had a few pubs and farangs. The memories I have from Snow Pub... :hubbahubba:

I hope that they now have cleaned up Kaoshiung.