Sukhumvit Soi 22

The_Munchmaster

I did actually take dinner in a partially open-air place offering a very educated selection of wine and decent food . I would even say the majority of the customers were locals both Thai and falangs .

It sounds like you dined in No Idea Gastropub. The food is indeed very good.

Yes, a hearty second to No Idea...decent food, good wine, convivial owner. And none of that added VAT/"service charge" (+17% on your bill) bullshit. I asked the owner about this once and he said VAT is already figured into his prices (which, interestingly enough, are no higher than similar establishments that DO add VAT), and tip is between the customer and server.

One of the things that they will put me into prison for one day is that I insist on drinking red wine ice cold . Sophisticated wine drinkers will now fall dead from their chair but that is how I like it . Some people eat roasted cockroaches . Problem with this preference is that nobody stocks ice cold red wine and it needs a cooperative establishment and time . No prompremm in the kingdom as long as payment is safe . I may therefore praise the house for offering only mediocre resistance after I booked a bottle with instructions , paid a deposit and promised to come back within the hour . Which is why I now do also belong to the Honey Bee Massage Supporters Club . The evening as a whole , gentlemen , has been a terrific success . Half the bottle should still be there as I am talking about it but cannot remember under which name . Maybe Khunsanuk .

Man radio

there are borders which a human being should not cross . I am talking about the awful Thai custom to pollute purest beer Singh with ice cubes which then later melt . I strictly refuse consuming anything like this unless it is Gin Tonic . Which includes wine .

What kind of man leaves the beer in his glass long enough for it to melt ice cubes?! That's the line that shouldn't be crossed. The only time a beer should sit for a while is when it's the one on the bedside table, put out night before as first beer of the morning...

• 3 weeks later...