No More Crying Babies: Are Child-Free Flights The Next Thing?

cavanami

This is welcomed by me!

No More Crying Babies: Are Child-Free Flights the Next Thing?

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/no-more-crying-babies-on-airplanes-is-it-time-for-126327840372.html

Yes, we can agree to disagree on armrest etiquette for the middle seat passenger. We can even argue respectfully — most of the time — about whether it’s okay to recline your seat on a crowded plane.

But if you want to see otherwise reasonable people lose their minds with righteous anger, just bring up the most divisive issue in air travel: loud or ill-behaved children on planes.

Journalist — and mother of a 12-year-old — Kelly Rose Bradford stirred up a hornet’s nest of parental indignation last week. During an appearance on the U.K. talk show This Morning, she committed what some consider the ultimate act of mommy heresy: She suggested that maybe parents should stop taking their little ones on planes.

“Is it really necessary to take a tiny baby on a long flight?†she asked. “I think there’s an element of selfishness from parents who insist on not changing their lifestyle once they have their children because there are some things that just aren’t practical.“

Bradford went on, suggesting airlines establish "child-free†flights, where kids are verboten — or maybe have separate seating areas for families with kids. “We’ve got business class, we’ve got first class, why can’t we have a family section?“ she told This Morning. "Surely that would be better for everybody? You’ve got miserable, moany people like me who do not want your delightful children wailing in my ear for my flight.â€...