"bomb" Explodes In Bangkok

chelseafan

"perhaps a hesitation to go too far with casualties after the first bomb so they dial back the second"

They simply missed INMO there was no "dialing back"- It did not feel to me when I heard/saw the explosion

like anyone cared about keeping casualties

to a minimum.

• Like 1

It was a pipe bomb filled with ball bearings - intended to kill as many as possible - and was thrown from the bridge at the riverboat landing (which once upon a time I often used myself). The bomb struck a support pole instead of its target and bounced into the river, where it exploded harmlessly. Had it hit its target the casualties would have been in the scores. Pity no one saw the bunghole throw it so they could have beaten the SOB to death.

At least we can take it for granted that Chinese are not being singled out. Tourists in general are the chosen victims.

http://bangkokpost.com/news/security/660640/city-police-probe-uighur-revenge-motive-for-blast

Sir ,

I fail to see they were targeting tourists ; thousands of Thais cross the river every day from Thaksin Pier and as a regular visitor to the Erawan Shrine watching mademoiselle making merit I remember the majority of people being Thais as well . Scumbags trying to kill many tourists should go elsewhere but maybe they did not know a lot about the city .

Sir ,

I fail to see they were targeting tourists ; thousands of Thais cross the river every day from Thaksin Pier and as a regular visitor to the Erawan Shrine watching mademoiselle making merit I remember the majority of people being Thais as well . Scumbags trying to kill many tourists should go elsewhere but maybe they did not know a lot about the city .

1) The Erewan Shrine is very popular with Asian tourists, Only a handful of Thais were killed there (one of them working at the shrine). Most of the dead were foreign tourists. I doubt that many Thais would be making merit there around 7pm. They'd be home eating and watching soap operas.

2) The riverboat landing targeted is the one the tourist boats depart from and arrive at.

I used to cross the river by ferry before the BTS went to Thonburi. The ferry boats do not depart from the landing that was target. There is a separate landing for the ferries.