"bomb" Explodes In Bangkok

chelseafan

As I would have guessed...

Thai junta chief says Bangkok bomb 'suspect' identified

Bangkok (AFP) - Thailand's junta chief on Tuesday said authorities are hunting a "suspect" seen on CCTV footage near the scene of a bombing that claimed at least 21 lives in Bangkok and wounded scores more.

"Today there is a suspect who appeared on CCTV but it's not clear... we are looking for this guy," he said, adding the suspect was believed to be from an "anti-government group based in Thailand's northeast" -- the heartland of the kingdom's anti-coup Red Shirt movement.

Singapore says some of the victims are their nationals. Just one Viet name. One Filipino was killed.

"Pol Lt Gen Prawut said the bomb blew debris and shrapnel up to 100 metres from site of the explosion.

Police chief Somyot Punpunmuang told reporters that investigation would be difficult as the bomb blast had destroyed "all traces" of its construction and origin.

The hotline 1599 is open for the public to contribute photos or videos taken around the area before or soon after the bomb explosion, to help authorities reconstruct the crime.

Bangkok police detectives said ball bearings possibly packed with the explosive as shrapnel were found in the explosion area. They were six millimetres in diameter, the same size as those found at the scene of the botched bomb explosion set off by Iranian suspects on Sukhumvit 71, Bangkok, in February 2012." - Bangkok Post

Suspected bomber ... does he look like he's from Issan?

post-98-0-95760000-1439879069_thumb.jpg

The Boston Marathon bomber ...

post-98-0-30241600-1439879102_thumb.jpg

The Latest: Japanese man seriously injured in Bangkok blast

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-thai-official-clearer-bombers-022905821.html#

Japanese media are reporting that a 31-year-old Japanese man is among the seriously injured. Kota Ando, an employee of East Japan Railway Company, was on his way home from work when the blast happened.

Ando had moved to Bangkok in July. He had been sent by his employer to work in the office of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. for up to one year.

Bangkok has a large Japanese expat community, as many Japanese companies have offices and factories in Thailand.

Second Bangkok Bombing Hits Tourist Boat Pier, PM Prayuth Addresses Nation

BANGKOK — An explosion hit a river pier crowded with foreign tourists this afternoon in Bangkok.

No one was reported injured in the attack. Police are securing the area under the Saphan Taksin bridge where someone was said to have thrown an explosive device down onto a footbridge crowded with pedestrians at 12:59 pm.

Speaking in a live address to the nation at 3pm, Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha said the perpetrators would be found and brought to justice.

"It appears that there is still group of individuals in our country who harbor ill wishes against the nation," he said. "They may aim to sabotage our political, economic, tourism or other institutions."

He expressed his condolences to the victims and said they would be "fully compensated in accordance with the laws."

Junta spokesman Winthai Suwaree, speaking after Prayuth, asked for the public's cooperation, specifically saying that people should comply if they are stopped and searched.

The bombing came less than 24 hours after a powerful explosion killed at least 20 people at a popular tourist destination in the commercial heart of the capital. The blast injured 125 others.

Police today announced they were seeking a man seen carrying a backpack near the site of last night’s attack, but their suspicion seems mostly circumstantial so far.

The footbridge is near a pier on Bangkok's Chao Phraya River.

The pier is a popular embarkation point for tourists to travel along the river. Video of the incident shows a large blast sending people scattering as they cross the bridge.

http://www.khaosoden...ate=06&section=

Well I was there for this one I was coming back from Robinsons to get on my boat to go back to my condo.

They missed us and it went into the water

I was about 4o yards away just coming up towards the small bridge on the Shangrila side

BOOM water everywhere-The explosion was contained y the concrete sides of the pier...

TOO CLOSE OR COMFORT I AM GOING SURFING