Best Phone Network For My Dumb Phone

gawguy

This is about a dumb phone, but to ward off attacks I should say that I also have a Samsung Smart Phone. It's a good one but it's kind of big and heavy and I'm pretty small. I've never carried it around. I use it in my room for internet and for the wifi hotspot feature to run my laptop. I don't make phone calls with it except for Skype.

I posted before that my long-time phone number for my little, dumb phone may be lost because I won't be back in LOS soon enough to beat the stated deadlines for providing ID info. I have been with AIS with that number for 10+ yrs. There have been some problems with AIS for me, like outgoing texts not being delivered and texts not coming in. That's serious. So if I lose my number why don't I change networks?

So what network would you recommend for a prepaid dumb phone?

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

How old is your dumb phone?

Back in the day (2G) AIS, DTAC and TRUE GSM bands were not compatible so I could not for instance use a AIS programmed phone with a SIM from DTAC. If you have a tri-band phone (850, 900 and 1800) then you'll probably be able to switch SIMs at will.

Most smart phones these days are on the 21 MHz band and are not GSM compatible.

Do note that some things like MMS need internet connectivity to send or receive that type of message so you just may be better off joining the smart phone crowd

My two baht worth..

How old is your dumb phone?

Back in the day (2G) AIS, DTAC and TRUE GSM bands were not compatible so I could not for instance use a AIS programmed phone with a SIM from DTAC. If you have a tri-band phone (850, 900 and 1800) then you'll probably be able to switch SIMs at will.

Most smart phones these days are on the 21 MHz band and are not GSM compatible.

Do note that some things like MMS need internet connectivity to send or receive that type of message so you just may be better off joining the smart phone crowd

My two baht worth..

My dummy is only about a year old. Samsung.

The other thing I like about carrying a 700baht dumb phone instead of my smart phone is that I don't have to worry about it ever. I've lost a phone to pickpocket ladyboy, another one to muggers who took a shoulder bag I was carrying. Both cheap phones and both old at the time. I lost an ipod touch on my own too. I like my little Samsung. I back up my contacts onto another sim and I'm good.

GG