The Anything Goes Youtubery Thread

Coss

You can just imagine this happening in Laos, not only would it be completely crooked (not physically straight and financially corrupt) but there'd be buffalo, chickens and children embedded in it and 24,000 motorcycles stuck to it.

• Like 1

Coss, you've reminded of me of when I helped give the university entrance exams long ago. We couldn't believe how many applicants started marking the answers to the listening comprehension part of the English section not only before we'd even turned on the tape, but before they'd even knew what the questions were.

Much as I love MLG, I relate the following. I am not trained in Linux, hardly know it at all, MLG has many glowing certificates from China and India, from the many Linux courses her government sent her to. I am better at Linux.

• Like 1

My Mrs is in the MOE's supervisory unit. Thaksin decided that every province should have a demonstration school that teaches in both English and Mandarin as well as Thai. She got picked to be one of the Mandarin supervisors, even though she didn't speak a word of the language. The government sent her to China for a couple of months to study Mandarin, then decided she was ready. Every few years, they'd send her back for a few more weeks. You know what happened ... she quickly forgot most of it by lack of use. I'm not even sure the Mandarin program(me) still exists, but if it does she's no longer involved in it. Just one of those great ideas the politicians get now and then.

p.s. She said the food was so bad in China that she took packages of instant noodles along with her. :p