The Anything Goes Youtubery Thread

Coss

• 3 weeks later...

If you think that the right's memery or Cav's utubery, is having an effect on the way Americans will vote, in the coming election, you may enjoy the following utube from the left.

Worth watching all the way through, enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Below are three utubes from an engaging chap who, seems to have it right, about who, what and where, are manipulating the social media of today.

Whilst I wouldn't say this guy has it 100% right, I reckon he's got it right enough.

What is good about these videos is that he went to the people in Facebook , Twitter and youTube and has got them to speak (in the most part) on this, so there is perspective from their end.

I would value the comments and such, from the brains on this board, if you've got time to watch these.

My personal take, is that whilst he's got it right, given the present arena, the whole premise of "popularity" being equivalent to "accuracy" and "success", is a flawed one, and I've been saying this, since Google first floated the basics, behind their algorithmic approach to search.

Put simply, if all the Ugandans think that Idi Amin, had the best recipes for casseroled meat, these may not be the best ideas, to promote on the world stage...

Anyhoo, if anyone has the time, get yer eyeballs around these 3 vids, yes I know this has been covered previously in the most part , but I reckon these vids give a much better perspective than a series of headlines across the years.

Thanks to Coss for the previous videos, led me down an interesting rabbit hole. Along the way was this. The guy these two YT'rs get schooled by is a real piece of work. Great explainer. Early on I learned Basic on computers with core storage, Data General Nova 2000 as I recall, timeshared so the machine was not actually on site. We had cre storage and other cards so we could see and understand how and what computers were, this was around 1975. The way he explained telemetry analysis has them seriously bothered, weeks on hands and knees with a 40 foot long piece of paper looking for a changed number.

I hadn't realised they were using discrete TTL. I know it was logic, early PLL's were TTL, seeing the way they produced the integrated circuits, between 2 and 8 transistors looks surprising familiar albeit on a gargantuan scale. About the best 45 minutes I've had this week. When the U.S really showed how to do it and what it took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mMK6iSZsAs