The Anything Goes Youtubery Thread

Coss

I have a lot of (sort-of) respect for him. It's hard to know with someone you er don't know. He might just be another Trump though if that's the case I can't quite see it yet. It's interesting that he's been involved in several things that have become almost ubiquitous and highly sought after by others.

Of course we can't know what might have been without Tesla but when VW says it's shifting all its brands to EV and gives a time frame for that. When Mazda says essentially the same thing. When the German Auto show is basically all about EV. When countries like the UK put a date on ending sales of internal combustion engine vehicles. Sweden likewise. Makes me think there's a bit of a revolution more than just evolution going on here, and I can't help but feel he played a part in that.

Problem with Electric Cars is nobody has thought out how the Grid could handle them all being charged overnight.

Not talking about Generation, all you Greenies can go on about your windmills and solar power renewables whilst I am the bad man whom still burns coal, but the T&D, Transmission and Distribution

Yes yes yes, but I'm not a treenie, I'm a techie and an opponent of c*nty types, getting too much of my money.

Electric cars, renewable hydro energy, batteries, solar cells for the house etc etc, are all good for me, now that some electric cars can get 1000km range, I'm starting to thing they are good. Tesla S, quicker than your average Wanker Car.

Now for something that should impress even the Kong

http://inhabitat.com/energy-observer-to-sail-around-the-world-using-only-solar-wind-and-hydrogen-fuel/

I had a quick look at this idea and to make your own boat, with this sort of tech, is feasible, most of the gear is off the shelf these days...

Actually, Kong please advise, what's your take, on getting aa electrolysis - hydrogen storage - fuel cell set, up working on a boat, not too difficult right?

Again, not for green reasons , but for lack of cost long term.

And it's got to be very cool...

Problem with Electric Cars is nobody has thought out how the Grid could handle them all being charged overnight.

Not talking about Generation, all you Greenies can go on about your windmills and solar power renewables whilst I am the bad man whom still burns coal, but the T&D, Transmission and Distribution

I think the generation does play a part in that a more distributed generation network takes the strain in part on the primary grid. A lot of private homes are going more with solar, even Thailand plans to start buying back power from domestic generators and with the cost of things like solar and grid connected inverters coming down this starts to look more interesting. I can imagine a lot of EV owners wanting to generate their own power for charging purposes.

I wonder what the numbers look like. How much leccy do ya gotta squirt into da wheels for da battery to last a day of honest John motorin? Can you get all that energy stored during a day of sunlight to recharge the car at night with?