Increased Baggage Checks At Bts Stations

Torneyboy

The guards at the Bts stations have stepped up bag checks.

That is good...ummm

My station is Saphan Taksin when i enter the station..no check..just a smile...when i return if i go out the same way..no check..if i exit the other end as i did today...a random check wad in place..i wonder how long this will be on place.

same principle as divining rods ?

Yup. Just way more expensive, and with some parts that can be swapped in or out - if you're looking for drugs, money, gold, bombs, pangolin, rosewood, whatever - they got a little card for you to put in. Completely useless versions are in use in high-risk environments all over the world, but I think Thailand and the Middle East experiences have got the most coverage. The fact that the people behind these schemes have gone to jail for fraud doesn't seem to deter people from continuing to use them - I guess it's hard to toss it in the bin, if you or your boss authorized the tens of thousands of dollars for plastic dowsing rods... Perhaps the logic is that the terrorists might not know that the things don't work, so the deterrence factor is still in place. Embarrassing job for the guys who handle these things all day long,... At least a guy classically dowsing for water can use a bunch of visible indicators to help him 'guide' the wands to reasonably good locations - not so easy when you're checking the same armored SUVs all days for explosives stashed somewhere.