America Has Definitekly Become Bizzaro-Land

StoneSoup

Look at the numbers, guns vs drunks...about the same...I am OK with guns since it is allowed via the US constitution.

Drunk drivers

Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 51 minutes.1 The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $59 billion.2

• In 2013, 10,076 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.1
  • Of the 1,149 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2013, 200 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.1
  • Of the 200 child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in 2013, over half (121) were riding in the vehicle with the alcohol-impaired driver.1
  • In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.3 That's one percent of the 112 million self-reported episodes of alcohol-impaired driving among U.S. adults each year.4
  • Drugs other than alcohol (e.g., marijuana and cocaine) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths. These other drugs are often used in combination with alcohol.

http://www.cdc.gov/m..._factsheet.html

Firearms:

http://heedinggodsca...t/pfctoolkit-10

Gun Deaths:

More than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this country

More than 30 people are shot and murdered each day

1/2 of them are between the ages of 18 and 35

1/3 of them are under the age of 20

Homicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-24 year-olds

And the primary cause of death among African Americans of that age group

Gun Homicides (average annually):

Less than 50: Japan

Less than 150: Germany, Italy, France, etc.

Less than 200: Canada

More than 10,000: USA

I wonder what happens to the thousands of hand and other guns, of genuine licence holders who have died of natural causes over the years. Does a family member who may well be unlicenced, just take it home with them after the funeral and keep it along with any ammunition as a keep sake ...

Depends what state you live in as the individual states all have their own laws and regulations.

Mostly, you need to keep a record of any gun sale you might do and if you were to inherit some guns,

then check with the local police and they can advise.

For me, the idea is, to keep all guns and ammunition (ammo) in a locked and safe place. Usually this will consist

of two places, one for the guns (a gun safe is often used) and somewhere to keep the ammo locked.

I have had many guns at times and cases of ammo, all locked safely away. I never ever even came close to

having children playing with the guns or ammo.

You know that lump that keeps your ears apart, some call a brain, USE IT, it doesn't hurt all that much!!!

Hi,

Cav, you should be comparing "More than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this country" with "In 2013, 10,076 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes" as gun deaths do not just include murders.

Sanuk!

I cut and pasted directly from the info sources.

Now you want to think about it...ouch, my hair hurts!

Point is, I posted the numbers I found and waaaaaay too many deaths in both areas, IMO.

5 pistols, 1 Shotgun and 5 rifles, does that make you a bigger man than me?

Sorry I am anti gun, if I really piss somebody off I would prefer a good smacking and out for the count rather than being shot, my gift of the gob affects most people.

.Kong, I can see why your stay in Houston was relatively short. Texas may be the gun Capitol of the U.S.