New 6 Month Multiple Entry Visa

New 6 month multiple entry visa, maybe of interest to some ...

http://asiancorrespo...s-for-tourists/

Thailand’s Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) has confirmed that it will be launching a new six-month multiple-entry tourist visa (METV) in November. In a notice posted to the Thai MFA’s Facebook page Monday, it said: “Thailand will soon grant multiple-entry visas to visitors to facilitate the forthcoming ASEAN Community and to boost Thailand’s tourism industry.†The introduction of the new visa represents something of a U-turn by Thailand’s military government, which tightened visa rules across the board following the May 2014 coup. The visa, costing 5,000 baht (US$139), will be available from November 13 this year. “It will grant travelers multiple entries during a 6-month period, for up to 60 days per entry. All foreign nationals are eligible to apply for METV,†the statement said.

• 2 months later...

New 6 month multiple entry visa, maybe of interest to some ...

http://asiancorrespo...s-for-tourists/

Thailand’s Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) has confirmed that it will be launching a new six-month multiple-entry tourist visa (METV) in November. In a notice posted to the Thai MFA’s Facebook page Monday, it said: “Thailand will soon grant multiple-entry visas to visitors to facilitate the forthcoming ASEAN Community and to boost Thailand’s tourism industry.†The introduction of the new visa represents something of a U-turn by Thailand’s military government, which tightened visa rules across the board following the May 2014 coup. The visa, costing 5,000 baht (US$139), will be available from November 13 this year. “It will grant travelers multiple entries during a 6-month period, for up to 60 days per entry. All foreign nationals are eligible to apply for METV,†the statement said.

My mate went up the Immigration office yesterday after this and they didn't no anything about it.

Just checked out the Thai consulate in Birmingham where I usually buy my visas.The situation seems to have changed.Before ,tourist visas could be single,double or even triple ( never had one of these )entries each entry good for 60+30 days at a cost of £25 per entry.Now,only 2 options are given,a single entry TR which could give 60+30 days,or the new METV which allows multiple entries over a max period of 6 months at a cost of £125 ,each entry good for 60 days.....so the cost of a 6 mnth stay has increased substantially.I am assuming that with the new METV it is not possible to extend the 60 days by paying the c. 2000 bt fee at immig.

In addition,the METV must be applied for in person ( no postal option ) :surprised: and applicants have to show copies of last 6 months bank statements showing a balance of at least £5000 .Also,letter from employer/hmrc tax self-assessment/pension documents,copies of flight details and hotel reservations :help: ....looks like they are trying to make it as difficult as possible :shakehead

Once at Nong Khai immigration on the Friendship bridge, they were targeting visa runners. As I had multiple (once a month) Thai entry visas they questioned me, but when they saw that I was visa running in reverse, i.e a day or two in LOS an then 1 month in LAOS, then no problemo.

" In addition,the METV must be applied for in person ( no postal option ) :surprised: and applicants have to show copies of last 6 months bank statements showing a balance of at least £5000 .Also,letter from employer/hmrc tax self-assessment/pension documents,copies of flight details and hotel reservations :help: ....looks like they are trying to make it as difficult as possible :shakehead

Th six months appear to be following a similar format ...

Obtaining a category "0" visa in Untited Kingdom from a Thai consulate, an embassy might be different although should be the same ..

According to the boyfriend who is British, a single entry category "0" visa valid for 90 days is approx 2500 baht or £50. Straight foreward if you are in receipt of UK goverment pension, as only proof of entitlement is required. Which could be a letter from UK goverment works and pensions, or just one bank statement with the state payment on it, and no matter the amount received. For a one year visa approx 7500 baht or £125, and report every 90 days to immigration. A guarantor and the address in the UK plus address in Thailand is also required. Not have to prove any savings.

One passport picture, Goverment pension, Passport, Fee applicable, address of guarantor in UK and address in Thailand, Application in person only.

Under 65 a category "0" visa more difficult ...

Bank statements over 6 months, proof you have over 800,000 baht in a current account and not a savings account, a regular amount going into this account of something like 75,000 baht or above. A police check over the last 10 years, takes approx 6 weeks to obtain, or pay extra to be obtained in 2 weeks. A doctors report to confirm you have no transferable diseases. Guarantor address in UK and address in Thailand + any other documents in support of ..

Same fees and conditions apply as if you over 65

<< Bank statements over 6 months, proof you have over 800,000 baht in a current account and not a savings account, a regular amount going into this account of something like 75,000 baht or above. >>

It's either or. And the 800,000 has to have been there at least 3 months before annual renewal. A friend had been in England and returned just short of the full 3 months (missed it by about 5 days). Immigration made him go to Penang, get a 90-day visa, and return on that. When the 90 days expired, Immigration returned him to the ordinary retirement visa. (He wasn't too happy about having to pay for an unexpected round trip flight to Georgetown.)

I think the figure is 65,000 a month income for Americans and 55,000 for Brits. At least that's what it used to be.

p.s. It's a lot easier to get a retirement visa if you're already here in Thailand. Immigration doesn't make you jump through so many hoops.

• 4 weeks later...

Though I am some years yet from 50, I fully intend to "retire" on the visa given the potential grandfathering benefits should requirements change.

I usually ride B visas but they are pissing about with those on multi 12 months and though I have multiple companies in various countries, I can't be bothered with their pathetic bureaucracy.

Income is Bt65k a month or Bt800k or a mix of both. I pretty much thought that if you couldn't park Bt800k in an account, you should perhaps consider whether you can afford to live in LOS.