The Weather ... Should I Delay My Trip?

gawguy

Eliminate desire and attachments and your pain & suffering will disappear.

One need only follow the Not-Very-Noble Eightfold Path:

1. Right Flight

2. Right Visa

3. Right Hotel

4. Right Dinner

5. Right Drinks

6. Right Bar/Gogo/Disco/Freelancer Hangout

7. Right ST/LT

8. Right 'Resolution'

Try it, it works - snuffs out desire like a tiny candle is snuffed by the wind. Unfortunately, like novelty birthday candles, that desire lights right up again shortly after, and steps must be repeated, until you figure out a more Noble way to get off the damn carousel...

YimSiam

• Like 2

All our life is nothing but a circle of meaningless activities , people invented religious structures to give it some sense but in the end only the moments of joy are what really matters . ( Words of Fritz BuBi , German philosopher , 21st century )

Which brings us back to Miss Tuk , who an hour ago confirmed again she misses me like nothing before although I have a strong feeling she mixed me up with somebody else because I am not from Amellica .

Slightly different up in the North, the differential between daytime and nighttime temperatures is usually with 5-6 Celsius its just that the summer highs / lows of 38 - 32 become 8 - 2 in winter.

Probably stronger typhoons / monsoons since it is clear water between PI and Hai Phong, if the storms pass over Hainan Island usually head North to mainland China. Vamco the one which flooded Pattaya was South of here, hit the central plains around Da Nang on the coast, Mujigae is due to make landfall on Sunday, not sure where yet but precautions are in place.

Not that I care, fly back to BKK for 3 weeks tomorrow lunchtime :D

Eliminate desire and attachments and your pain & suffering will disappear.

This became a very interesting thread and I've liked all the responses. I like the references to Buddhism and desire. I work on my desiring / suffering, but guys like us can never beat it. You would have to give up everything, including ego, so that you don't have anything to protect. Only one in millions can even attempt that. But happily Buddhism is a "practice" - you try, you fail, you learn, you try again and again...and you get a little better over time. But the challenge is to master your human nature and it's just too big.

As far as the trip is concerned, I'm now at the end of my delay and I'll be arriving in a few days - rain is supposed to diminish in Patts about then.

Thanks for the lively input.

GG