The New Yorker Cafe

khunsanuk

Hi,

Had lunch at 'The New Yorker Cafe' today, which is owned by former boardmember CondomKing. The place is in the lobby of the Asoke Suites (spitting distance from Asoke intersection, next to Exchange Tower) and has been open for about 4 months now.

The place looks nice, but is tiny; problably doesn't seat more than 16-18 people. Had my first ever Reuben, which was pretty good. I can see why these are famous.

CondomKing himself was there as well and it was good to catch up in between him explaining to some young Chinese tourists that you can eat a French bread sandwich with your hands; no need to use knife & fork.

Anyway, place is open 24/7 and worth a visit if you are in the area.

Sanuk!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But which Rueben did you have?

Being CK and the place being called "The New Yorker" probably the standard corned beet, sauerkraut swiss cheese on rye with 1000 Islands dressing, (maybe 1000 Islands was Russian, prepared for ass whipping from my American Cousins)

Personally I prefer the Rachel, substitute pastrami for corned beef and cole slaw for the sauerkraut, so many variations on a simple sandwich.

You have made me salivate now, fortunately my wife can whip up some amazing concoctions from basic ingredients, when ever I ask "What the Hell?" I am told "Shut up and Eat" never fails, always shuts me up. Tandori Chicken Masala on naan bread with pilla rice, sometimes I thing she is a reincarnation from Rusholme ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry_Mile)

I don't care what creed, race or even religion one is, one cannot beat a bloody good sandwich.

Another thing accredited to the UK (note I did not claim invention) The Earl of Sandwich was involved in an in depth card game and was feeling rather peckish, he did not want to spoil the cards so informed his serving wench to "Bring him some pig wrapped in bread" and hence the sandwich was born.

Lets all Hail to things in Bread

• 2 weeks later...

But which Rueben did you have?

Personally I prefer the Rachel...

Speaking for myself (for I am wont to do little else :applause:), I prefer 'Rachels' (the more the merrier) to 'Reubens' (no thanks!): always have and always will do.*

* We're talking about hookers here, right? Tuppeny tarts. Not au fait with the new slang palare, I didn't know what you fellers were talking about at first. Good to know old Mekong's still onside and not a poofter yet (after all the shite he went through with that rotten missus of his). Surprised to learn that YimSiam's a left footer, though. :nono: Never had him pegged as lavender. KS a secret shirtlifter too?! You kept that quiet, mate. :wink:

Each to his own, I suppose. Not for me though (bar that bloke I shagged up the arse in Singapore one time that I thought was a woman). :(

jack :help:

I had my first a few years back at no name bar, they are dam good.

I had my first in the Nana hotel in 1992, a takeaway from Patpong. She was gorgeous: cheap and cheerful, lovely pert knockers and went like the fucking clappers all night. Spoke a few words of English too. :applause:

I've never looked back. :relieved:

jack :help:

• 4 years later...

A Reuben sandwich is an American grilled sandwich composed of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing, grilled between slices of rye bread. It is associated with kosher-style delicatessens, but it is not kosher, because it combines both meat and cheese in the same meal.

And in 'merica's oft displayed presentation, only 'a good one' if it is at least 10" tall.

Reuben-Sandwich_8-copy.jpg