The New Yorker Cafe

khunsanuk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

these are politically disturbed times with a lunatic ruling the previously respected United States. It comes therefore as a big relief that there are still anchors of stability in this world like for example my black T-shirt size M from The New Yorker Cafe. Although I feel the duty to inform the esteemed forum that as per yesterday evening aforementioned unit ceased serving as article of clothing and shall spend the rest of it´s days in the shoeshine sector.

Thank you for listening. I promise to buy a new one in case Guido is still existing,  end of Soi 22  on the right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/17/2020 at 1:26 PM, Coss said:

A Reuben sandwich is an American grilled sandwich composed of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing, grilled between slices of rye bread. It is associated with kosher-style delicatessens, but it is not kosher, because it combines both meat and cheese in the same meal.

And in 'merica's oft displayed presentation, only 'a good one' if it is at least 10" tall.

Reuben-Sandwich_8-copy.jpg

While being associated with "Kosher style/Jewish delis," There is nothing Kosher about it at all, as Kosher law forbids mixing meat and dairy together. True Kosher delis are either meat or dairy. A Kosgher deli will not even have cream for your coffee...annoying as hell! Equally annoying is this "tip" made for no real valuable reason, I'm like that.  I was in New York City about 3 months ago, the sandwichs at the few remaining Jewish delis were amazing. Too bad Carnegie is gone...Damn it, now I want a pastrami sandwich...

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2015 at 6:56 PM, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Had lunch at 'The New Yorker Cafe' today, which is owned by former board member Condom King.

Anyway, place is open 24/7 and worth a visit if you are in the area.

Sanuk!

Is this the place that did the amazing breakfast at 5.00 in the morning?

Looked for it last time I was in town but couldn't find it.

Keep in mind my recollections of where I have been at 5.00 am are limited :drunk: