Do The Fairies Keep Him Sober For A Day?: Fiery Jack's Xmas & Ny In Bkk!

Fiery Jack

So here it (almost) is, a merry yearly festive interlude approaching and encroaching on our fonder hopes of sensibleness and sobriety like garlands round our rusty chains. :clown:

Your favourite faithful histrionic scribbler, fall-down drunk, and bare-faced lying bar-room bore Fiery Jack :help: is booked and bright-eyed bound to spend his coming :hubba: yuletide in Bangkok this very year, and he's looking forward to it like a child looks forward to... well ... Christmastime I suppose, which says more about me than about children, trivia fans. :applause:

Now, of course I've sojourned in LOS over the end-of-year stretch in the past, :bang: but that was several wobbly years ago and I'm damned if I can recall that much about it, :drunk: so here's your chance to do unto Jack as he'd do unto you, and do old Jingling Jacky a favour, lads. :beer:

Right. What can I expect in terms of weather and wenching, last week of December through first week of January? Business as usual, barfines (thence knickers :hubbahubba: ) up or down, bars and thoroughfares busier/quieter than normal? Special stuff on? Xmas eve? Xmas day? New Year's Eve?

I really am f*cking clueless, :shakehead so all tips and/or sarcastic comments :nono: will be more than welcome. :hug:

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on. I do. :relieved:

jack :help:

Frost in the morning, a bit of snow now and then. Bars with styrofoam "snow" on the floors, BGs wearing Santa hats. elves saying "youbuymecola". Oh, yeah ... pandemonium on NYE. Best to take shelter in a safe place, such as the Dollhouse in Soi Cowboy. Fun time of the year, except maybe for the traffic (though that's true almost any time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGOqerv-YJM

• Like 1

p.s. On Christmas eve and NYE expect the bars to be charging outrageous bar fines. The reason is they want the dancers to hang around to attract customers, not go off shagging on their own. Probably better off to pick up a freelancer.

BTW tourism is way down right now. Hardly a one to be seen in Pattaya, and a friend told me he walked down Soi Nana today and didn't see a single Farang. I don't know if that's good or bad, pricewise.

• Like 1

Thanks, Flasher. :hug: Good to see someone's awake. :rolleyes:

You joking about the frost, or is it a metaphor? :hmmm:

I stayed in a shithole flat in Scotland for a few booze-fuelled years. :relieved: My bedroom window was broken. I'd taped some cardboard over the gaping hole, but, in the mid-winter, there was sometimes frost on the polished wooden floorboards of my room when I awoke from troubled slumbers*. I kid you not. :doah:

But I wish it could be Christmas every day. I really do. :drunk:

* I wrote some shite about that flat, I recall. I'll fish it out. I'd post it in the 'Stories' forum or whatever it's called, but no one ever looks in there, and it's not a (made-up) story, it's a genuine real memory. Board Bar, then. :up:

(edited to change it a bit.)

This is Ground Control to Major Tom

You've really made the grade

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare...

See, Mekong knows me well. :hug:

Those lines are eerily appropriate as I nervously look forward to falling off the wagon big-style and wonder where I'll land. :drunk:

I dare. Oh yes, I dare. But that doesn't mean I'm not terrified. :eek:

Major Tom to Ground Control: I'm stepping through the door... ;)

It's become something of a tradition each Christmas to trip over the step on entering the Dollhouse and fall flat on my face in the styrofoam snow. (And that's when I'm cold sober.) Sometimes a BG or two will be stationed there to catch you, but at other times you just vanish under the snow for a while. You never you who else you might encounter under there. Always an adventure.

• Like 1