30 Day Exemption Change

Tonight I was asking a barmaid in my local pub, up here in the Highlands of Scotland, when she was off to Thailand. Anyway she's going in January but was telling me she had to go to Glasgow now to get a tourist visa as she was told no longer available on arrival in Thailand (btw I know the 30 day stamp you get on arrival isn't actually a visa). She's going to Thailand for 2-3 weeks, then Vietnam and Cambodia, then Bali, then Aussie and finally back to Thailand before back to Scotland. I told her she doesn't need a visa, just get 30 day stamp each time she arrives in LOS, but of course she's now confused and worried about it, so I said that I'd post on Thai360 to alleviate her fears.

As always with Thailand nothing is hard and fast, in Theory she should be able to return to Thailand on a 30 day exemption, given her travel plans between her two entries into Thailand it SHOULD NOT be an issue. Unofficially word is that you can have 6 trips per year on exemption stamp but there is nothing actually written down to state such. 30 Day exemption is issued at the discretion of the immigration official.

For the record I am in and out of Thailand 3-4 times a year, no point in renewing my non imm O since longest I am back is 22 days at a time and I have not had a problem with getting exemption stamps on arrival and my Passport has more Thai stamps than the bloody Thailand Postal Service.

My boyfriends daughter and familly, were only visiting us just two weeks ago from the United Kingdom. Yes, as other board members have said it is a free stamp at immigration on passport on entry for a stay of under 30 days if arriving by air ....