Golden Beer Bar Gone; Nana Disco Endures?

Fiery Jack

Nana Disco used to be my own personal vision of heaven, a heaven that I visited so bloody fucking often that it got to the point that I'd sample virtually every ware available remotely worth sampling... Going in there was like visiting Cheers bar from the sitcom - a place where everybody knows my name! (Well, not my name, actually - but my Bangkok nightlife alias, at least...) My first freelancer pull was out of Nana Disco, although she did have to tail me down to Thermae to get me to seal the deal... ah, memories... 98 through 2003, say, were Nana glory days for me - at least for the early part of the evening, it was a place to start, and the crowd was the same crowd that would then wend its happy way up to - yes, it's true - the Grace hotel coffee shop for the very wee hours for a while. Ah, to be young, handsome and good-hearted again. Or at least young and handsome. Hell, what I'd give just to be fucking good-hearted for a few hours... But that's all in the past... Passage of time and attainment of knowledge has done terrible things to my consumer profile, when it comes to the Sukhumvit lifestyle...

• Like 1