Golden Beer Bar Gone; Nana Disco Endures?

Fiery Jack

Have to admit I never liked the place for daytime activity, was on the wrong side of the street, sun shone striaght in. Big Dogs across the road far better location. Soi 7 better still. Women there hit and miss.

At night a slightly different crowd, good to see what's going in and out of nana, but again, not a venue I liked.

• Like 1

I just liked the people watching from there. Only once did I ever take a lady from there. Not one of my better things I have done...

Yes, there was no better 'people watching' spot in Bangkok or, if there was, I never found it. :hmmm:

I took a bird from there once too. :relieved: Cheap and cheerful — a maze of stretch marks and a face like torn shite, but a genuine heart of gold, just like so many of the Golden "girls" :hug:— she remained my 'friend' for some years (and let me shag her for free (after I'd bought her enough afternoon booze :drunk:) once or twice I recall). :applause:

jack :help:

The only time I sit there at the GBB is during those early morning hours - 6-7 am I guess - drinking sidewalk beer from Mama with that gang of thievin' ladyboys and aging hookers, for old times' sake. Many fond memories on the side plastic chairs, far fewer in the bar above.

Another closed morning option - christ, I'm going to end up spending days in my room with ladies ordered off the internet if this keeps up... Whatever happened to the 24 hour good times - ah yes, they moved to Pattaya, that's what happened.

See y'all in Chonburi.

Kind funny is there were about 3 of the steady ladies there we would buy lady drinks for. 2 would drink orange juice or soda, but the 3rd one. Well she could pound down the drinks.. We kinda put a limit on the drinks. lol.. But they would still sit and chat with us.

I could get into town and they would say that your one friend. Call them by name was here last month or such. Even though I would already know that. 555

One lady who I bought lady drinks for kept telling me that if I wasn't married by the time she got her 2 kids out of school that her and I would marry. I said why? we never have gone out together, I'm fat and I am short in the "John Holmes" dept. 555

She said no problem. You have a good heart and are careful man with your money.. I about fell over laughing.

Last I heard she hooked up with some Aussie and they were happy together. Spend time in his home country and then some up north at her house, that she built from her earnings

Got to give her credit for that. She was not a drinker any times I saw her, even if sitting with some one else.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a cryin' shame, what they're planning to do to the joint - go in their like Tyson Chicken and offer up bigger, whiter, more consistent flesh, with less respect or appreciation for subtleties of local flavor that is the natural result of farm-fresh, micro-operation chicken outfits - you won't find a single fun-and-crazy-as-hell, skin as dark as your own heart Buriram madwoman in there, I betcha. No Nakhon Sawan hard drinkers with laughter like medicine and a folding blade in her bra - no sir.

What I'm thinking you'll see is first a set of Thai hostess types, two meters and fake tits and big dumb and boring... And that won't work really, I hope (because of my unshakeable faith in the true goodness and sense of discernment amongst my fellow man, I hope - I hope, fucking endlessly). First thing they do is turn a bit of blind eye and next thing you know, half the wait staff are kathoeys, just nobody knows which half - and yes, they're a little more geared for jokes and the camp style of hooters, so it buys them some time. But still not making money, not as much as say a hair salon or internet cafe/laundry that fronts for whatever.

So they call up some birds from the Philippines, vets from their branches in PI. But they are not appropriate cognizant of long-standing arrangements between business, birds and bibs, so even though Hoots try to get the flips to set 'em straight, the cops get their visas pulled..

At that point, probably hooters calls it a day, hopefully, realizes that all their outfits in Thailand are not worth the trouble they have to go to to find the right staff and corner, and so they walk off - and some bloke changes a letter or two in the name, downgrades the staff to a healthy mix of lunatics, pros, outcasts and the odd LB from that Nana elite, Stops selling chicken wings, too.

And we're back to where we started, mainly: a simple bar on the wrong side of the street, that knows its place in the world from simple experience. Like the girls who work it, and the punters who help hold down the barstools and track the temperature of the so-called Ice Cold Beer on offer. Life is Golden - shouldn't your beer bar be, too?

• Like 1